• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please show pics of your products and how you store them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my cart at Costco for around $40 I think. It's not the sturdiest thing, I had to use some Gorilla Glue on the connectors and shelf holders but now it's holding up pretty good.

Comment

simple yet effective!

and my new microfiber towels! yayyy

Comment

I would like to store mines the way Tomee did. Thats what I was planning anyway. The cart is a GREAT idea, you can move it whenever you want. Smart!

Comment

Well, I am sort of not as fortunate. I do not have an entire shed or big hudge storage area. My Girl Friend gave me a small place in the closit. She told me I have 2 feet by 2 feet. What she doesn't know is that I am going to statc vertically!

Anyway, I decided to do a breakdown by product manufactuerer.

First, we have Armoral. The idea of washing without a bucket makes me ill, but the soap/shampoo is good for pretreating bugs and tar. It is concentrated. The Wax It Dry is okay, but not fantastic.

We have a tar remover that waxes and silicone in a bottle. This stuff is thinner than Quick Detailer and claims to be a polish (TurtleWAX Polish=wax). I got it for 97 cents, so it was worth it for the microfiber and the product does contain a lot of silicone.

Lots of RainX stuff. I have never really tried their Fast Wax. I guess I should try that soon.

Michelen make some great tires. Their tire dressing looks great and is water base. It washes off very easily though and doesn't last long. It is my favorite when freshly applied but lasts about 48 hours. The break release stuff reminds me of pam cooking spray, but it is a good product that works.

Stoner. I respect this company. Their glass cleaner is my favorite. I actually like it better than Meguiar's Glass cleaner. Their Tar remover is better than TurtleWax tar remover from my perspective.

Here is some stuff all by itself. We have DuPont Wax (Actually Quite Good). We have Kit Carnuba Wax doesn't hide much but made of 100% carnuba. It is good for the price paid of 14 cents after rebate.

Eagle One Wax as you Dry is good stuff. It is almost the same as Quik Wax. I like both. Quik Wax is a bit thicker. Gunk Glass Cleaner is very foamy and thick. It leaves stuff behind but is great for the worst of bugs. I use it and the glash squeegee foam side to scrub windows completely. Next, I reclean with another Glass cleaner to clean the Gunk off Prestone Interrior Cleaner is good stuff; I guess. I can only compare it to Turtle Wax Power OUt though.

Ah, and my Meguiars stuff. I have more Meguiars than anything. We have my second favorite Glass cleaner, my favorite quik wax, All Wheel Cleaner (excellent), and Endurace Tire Gel that lasts a long long time, Hot Shine Tire Spray great if driving over dirt or water not stickey like enduracne, INsane shine for that extra kick, Nxt tire cleaner too, ScratchX (awsome paint cleaner), PlastX (Worked a miracle on my friends boat windows and my headlights), Quik Interrior Detailer (the best cleaner that smells great and leaves no residue), and NXT Tech Wax (the best).

I have some Gold Class in the garage, but my Girl Friend hid it from me saying I wax the car too often. I guess she doesn't know I have more than one bottle of wax

Oh, and here is my pathetic storage area. Remember the closit I mentioned?

I do not have a Porter Cable

I used a friends and went through an entire bottle of #80 and #83 though. It was awsome.
          Last edited by Jbirk; Jun 5, 2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Ummm, i think ya should cut them pic sizes down . I couldn't see any of it how big they were lol.

Comment

Check out this thread for resizing pictures

You can also manually adjust the resolution on your digital camera before you take the pictures.
              BLINK Detailing
              Serving the GTA Area

Comment

Only comment I'll very respectfully make is that carnauba car wax, any brand, is *never* 100% carnauba wax! The most I've ever seen has been the zymol stuff (their really high-end stuff), at 61% or so -- and the way you apply it is amazing (as in amazingly difficult). You have to warm it in your hand to melt it a little bit, and then you apply to a panel, warm more in your hand for melting, and repeat -- and I think you're supposed to store it in the fridge!

Here's a picture of *pure* carnauba wax.

I got this off ebay (do a search for "carnauba"). There's a guy who sells this stuff, in either block form or flakes, and then provides directions on how to use it in various applications. Here's a quote from him, which indicates that for car waxes, etc., you need to add solvents, etc.:

This wax is also used in woodworking waxes and polishes or in automotive waxes, which will include chemical/petroleum solvents.

This item is a very hard, pure wax with no additives and must be applied with a buffing wheel--it cannot be rubbed on to the pipe in some manner other than with a wheel. The wheel can be on a buffer, drill or even the small rotary tool, just so long as the wheel is only used for the wax.

For those who ask about the final finish for kitchen counters or concrete floors, the block of wax is used. First the counter is finished with ever-finer sanding wheels until the proper finish is obtained. Then this wax is applied with its own buff--the wax friction-applied to the buff, then the buff applied to the counter. This will give a nice finish gloss that is food-safe for the counters, and good and hard for the floors and counters. The wax will also seal the surface, and will need periodic reapplication for maintenance.
                Apparently folks use this for tobacco pipe maintenance (who knew?).

Comment

Let's do in the mix

I copy & pasted this picture from an other thread here on MOL.
                  I just love detailing

Comment

I've been tempted to buy some of the pure carnauba off ebay (it's not that expensive), just to see what it looks like -- and to show my neighbors who always seem to think that their liquid waxes are 100% carnauba.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');