• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holograms - DAC83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holograms - DAC83

My friend just bought a car with heavy holograms all over. Will DAC 83 with PC completely remove all holograms ? Will one step be enough? Do I need to follow it with less agressive polish?
    Thanks.

I have seen a couple guys in the Exteme Makeover section remove swirls with the DACP #83. I dont know if all in one will take care of them or not.
    Schotography

Comment

When I've used DACP by orbital, it depends a lot on the car. On some cars it seems the paint is left just fine, and on others there is always a slight degree of dulling/hazing of the paint.

If it seems like too much to do, you could always remove the holograms one time, and the next time you are up to it, polish with a less aggressive polish to remove any DACP haze. At least the car will look better than it does with holograms.

The pad you use will also probably be a factor.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Aurora 40,
        I'll be using MG 8006 pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanat198
          Aurora 40,
          I'll be using MG 8006 pad.
          Well, I guess I'll go out on a limb and say there's a decent chance it will finish out fine.

Have you thought of trying something milder first, though? Like #80 or #82?
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Yeah..i guess i'll just go with 82 first and see what happens.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');