• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#5 vs. #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 vs. #7

Hey can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Show Car Glaze #7 versus the New Car Glaze #5. I was just looking over my wish list and noticed that there is a #5 out there. I have the #7 and it works miracles (if you can't use the G-100 w/80)
    Thanks for loooking into this one
    Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

The difference is in the formula, one is very wet, (#7 Show Car Glaze), while the other is a very dry polish, (#5 New Car Glaze).

#5 New Car Glaze is formulated for wet, humid climates where it will dry fast and then be easy to wipe off. It can be a little on the dusty side for this reason. I would recommend having a bottle in your arsenal of supplies if for no other reason to try it and compare it to other products.

I used to use it a lot on my 1969 K5 Blazer as it had a single stage, Hugger Orange finish and I lived in Oregon and it was a breeze to apply and then remove and it made the paint look wet and glossy.

Both polishes by the way are what Meguiar's calls pure polishes in that they are completely non-abrasive.

I remember you from the Dallas class here,

How you doing?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, I've been doing pretty good! Just driving my friends and family crazy talking about our class.. I guess I am truly Meguiar's crazy... Thanks again for facilitating that class, it was GREAT!!!!
      Oh yeah, Can you tell me the difference between the #80 Speed Glaze, and the #82 Swirl Free Polish.
      I know that in our class you used the #80 to remove swirls off of the M5 we worked on, could you have also used the #82. Is one better than the other at removing swirls and creating a flawless finish.

Thanks
      Dee
      Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        ..I would recommend having a bottle [of #5] in your arsenal of supplies ..I used to use it a lot on my 1969 K5 Blazer as it had a single stage, Hugger Orange finish ...
        Nice to see you recommending this often-overlooked product.

I too first used #5 on ss way back in the day. 30 years later, it's still my fave for curing repaints. Never *quite* as nice looking for me as #7, but about as user-friendly as products get.
        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
          Can you tell me the difference between the #80 Speed Glaze, and the #82 Swirl Free Polish.
          I know that in our class you used the #80 to remove swirls off of the M5 we worked on, could you have also used the #82.

Is one better than the other at removing swirls and creating a flawless finish.

Thanks
          Dee

M82 and M09 are very, very light cleaner/polishes and best results for actually removing a swirl out of paint is with a rotary buffer.

These two products will remove light swirls with the dual action polisher with the right technique and if the paint is fairly soft.

Most people can get most of the work they want to get done with M83 and M80

p.s.

type Swirl Free Polish into the search engine and you should pull up a number of threads on the subject
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');