• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Synthetic Sealant #21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I detail cars ect.. for extra cash and use alot of Meguiar's products All the NXT GEN products gold class and professional stuff as well.And i love the results.
    I have been working on my car for the past 3 1/2 years now, and have put over 5,000 into it on mods ect..
    And i am Car Crazy even though i have no friends or family with the same passion.

Thanks,
    Fred

Comment

Fred, love the car and it looks awsome (love the green neon lifgts under the chassie, reminds me of the cars they had in "the fast and the furious).

On another note whats the differance between the "polymer sealant" the "synthetic selant" and the DC wet-look polymer sealant"?
      Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Hey,

I do not have the specs for DC Wet-Look Polymer Sealant, but here is some info from Mike regarding #21:

Here is as much information that I can share on this new product at this time.

[list]* Meguiar's new paint sealant will be available in a 64 ounce container with a suggested retail price of $40.00

* Meguiar's new paint sealant can be applied by hand, dual action polisher, orbital polisher and rotary buffer.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant needs to dry before being removed; this will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes in most climates. This may take longer in colder, more humid climates, and faster in drier, warmer climates. Meguiar's recommends the The Swipe Test to determine when a wax or paint sealant is ready to remove.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is V.O.C. compliant under new E.P.A. regulations for California starting in 2005

* Meguiar's new paint sealant Does contain some light cleaning ability. Not as much as #20 Polymer Sealant, which offers cleaning action.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant Wipes on and wipes off easy when applied using thin coats and allowed to dry for the appropriate amount of time.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not need to be heated in order to apply it and/or to make it bond.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not require any special pre-surface prep product that is specific to Meguiar's new paint sealant, (as part of a system).

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is not a one-step cleaner/wax product and is intended to be used on surfaces that are new, like new or have been pre-cleaned and polished using any Meguiar's compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish and or pure polish.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is formulated to be used with a rotary buffer in production type environments and is a much wetter product than the NXT Generation Tech Wax and as such offer more play time on the surface while being buffed. (Note: NXT Tech Wax is not formulated for use with a rotary buffer).

* Meguiar's new paint sealant contains no Carnauba wax or any natural ingredient as far as the protection value is concerned. NXT Generation Tech Wax is still Meguiar's best protecting product.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant is the result of customer demand in the professional segment of our market. A majority of Meguiar's top accounts that distribute Meguiar's Professional Line are ordering NXT Tech Wax out of our Consumer Line to distribute into the professional segment of the market, (The professional detailing industry and the new and used car dealerships). To meet this new and strong demand for a Meguiar's synthetic paint sealant Meguiar's is now introducing a new product specifically formulated for this market and their unique needs through our professional distribution channels.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant should be available to purchase online and through PBE (Paint, Body, and Equipment) stores in mid-January 2005

* Meguiar's new paint sealant will offer the fine swirl elimination characteristics that NXT Generation Tech Wax offers, however, when used with a rotary buffer, it will offer much more due to the pad working for you as well.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant should be removed from any exterior trim to prevent staining.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant does not use any ingredients that offer cationic action like the Medallion Premium Paint Protectant.

* Meguiar's new paint sealant will not replace M20 Polymer Sealant. M20 will still be manufactured and available as it is a very popular wax with professionals.

Mike
        Again, having used gallons of each product, I have not found a tremendous difference except for the ones I specified above in my other post. There is a difference though!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks, i actually kinda based the looks of my honda off the 3 black honda's in the fast and furious were they steal the truck loads of stuff. My LED Undercar kit is Multi color so i can have any color i want and it does patterns- beat to music ect..

Sorry i can not help you with sealent question because i do not know the difference myself really.

Pic of engine area Can't forget to clean tha machine

I have sent lots more out to get chrome valve cover ect.. Pic is kinda old.

Don't bother asking were i got this, not trying to be mean but my car is going to be one of a kinda do not want lots of others with same stuff as me. I take my car to lots of shows ectt.

Thanks,
          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fred30350
            My LED Undercar kit is Multi color so i can have any color i want and it does patterns- beat to music ect..

Thanks,
            Fred
            Cool, would be interesting to see
            Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Re: Question about Synthetic Sealant #21

Couple of questions.........Fred what make/model of wheels are they?

And Tim how do you apply #81......I had some difficulty taking it off/

Thanks
              Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');