• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars # 16 Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars # 16 Wax

My friend jsut got his car Professionally Detailed and they Used Meguiars # 16 wax on his car and it looks amazing. I couldnt find it on the Site. Does anybody know if they sell it anymore or what the deal with it is???
    2003 Nismo SE-R

2007 Nissan Frontier

www.prestigiousinnovations.com

[Links are not allowed until 30 posts have be achieved; Tim]

Hey, #16 is discontinued . However, call around to your auto parts stores etc. they might have it. I know O'reilly auto had a few in the warehouse. Have to ask. I scored 2
    also try E-bay. Good luck!
    Let us know if you find some.
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Re: Meguiars # 16 Wax

Originally posted by tonelocg
      My friend jsut got his car Professionally Detailed and they Used Meguiars # 16 wax on his car and it looks amazing. I couldnt find it on the Site. Does anybody know if they sell it anymore or what the deal with it is???
      M1611 Paste Wax was discontinued in the U.S. due to VOC regulations. Chances are you can still find it around... Lots of MOL guys have it available.

My guess is that your friend had his car detailed by someone that knew how to correctly prepare the paint prior to waxing. If that was the case, the wax may have finished it off, but the paint prep (cleaning/polishing) is what made it look so amazing!
      Kevin Brown
      NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

PM me, If you want some. This stuff is on fresh cans, climate controlled, no rust or anything.

It is great wax!! It can be a PITA to remove, so be warned.

Good Luck!!
        http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
          It is great wax!! It can be a PITA to remove..
          It's only tough to remove if you put it on too thick Put it on thin enough and it'll come right off (MF bonnets on the PC/G-100 work great) and the can will last for many years. I'm still using the can I first opened in the early-mid 1990s.
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Accumulator

It's only tough to remove if you put it on too thick

Thin coats are the key to any quality wax and this includes M16.

M16 is a pure wax and contains no ingredients with the intended ability to clean the paint, for this reason the paint must be in excellent condition.

Imagine P21S only you get three times as much product for one third the cost. (If you can find it).

I have a little over 5 cases in my private reserve.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              ...I have a little over 5 cases in my private reserve.
              lol. Even for you, Mike, that is probably enough #16 to last 50 lifetimes.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab
                lol. Even for you, Mike, that is probably enough #16 to last 50 lifetimes.
                I was going to place them all in a pyramid on the living room floor and take a picture of it and then create an Avatar from the photo...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I really like the way #16 beads, but I'm also in love with #21. My little sampler bottle of 21 is right next to my 16, locked up. I'll do a side-by-side test of 16 and 21 to see which I prefer, and even if 16 loses, I'll still save it for special occassions.

Comment

Heh, took this the other day:

Get one if you can. Its super slick and beads like crazy.
                    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Re: Re: Meguiars # 16 Wax

Originally posted by Kevin Brown
                      M1611 Paste Wax was discontinued in the U.S. due to VOC regulations. Chances are you can still find it around... Lots of MOL guys have it available.
                      Stupid volotile chemicals act....it probably wouldn't be good to get a bunch of rags covered in this and stuff them into a barrel in a hot garage though lol...

Though I'm suprised they can't get around it and at least sell this product overseas or elsewhere. Some people go to Mexico for drugs....Meguiar's users go for #16!
                      My car's so shiny I can see your car's swirls in its reflection.

Comment

Its freely available in the UK
                        and i think Megs UK might ship overseas aswell.

Might have to get a product trade going as we dont get things like Megs Accent dressing or Insane Shine tyre foam.

Alex

Comment

From my understanding, Meguiar's strives to keep their products environmentally friendly. Such as their washes, which are all biodegradable.
                          Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                          Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
                            Heh, took this the other day:

Get one if you can. Its super slick and beads like crazy.
                            That a nice can you got there

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
                              From my understanding, Meguiar's strives to keep their products environmentally friendly. Such as their washes, which are all biodegradable.
                              ya there all biodegradable but the problem is there is phosphorus in some of them and if the water is untreated it kills fish becuse for phosphorus to dissolve i think it reduces the amount of dissolved oxygen

i think some of the car washes from the detailer line are phosphorus free i just dont want to buy 5 gallons
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord
                              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');