• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Dressing Test - 56K warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switch back and forth from ASD to Endurance, I like both. One thing I've noticed w/ both of these is that if I just give them a quick scrub w/ my next car wash they seem to give a really nice, dark, rich look. There's a litte shine, but more of a naturual look. I like this look so much that I only apply my tire dressing about once a month! I have Pirelli's, which may just be good at holding on the protectant?
    1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Comment

Day 15 – 1/18/2006:
      Total Miles Driven: 257
      Weather: Sunny/Dry
      Road Conditions: Dry
      Days High Temp: 51 deg F.

Comments: Don't have my new tires yet(on order) so... here it is again! Both the NXT Insane Shine and Endurance are looking good. I washed my truck a couple days ago and tried to avoid the tires as much as possible. I did get soap and water on on the tires but did not wash them. Over all I am still impressed with both Insane Shine and Endurance both still look as the tires have a dressing on them, sure not as they were on day 1 but I am still happy with the look. By this time I would guess most consumers would have washed their vehicles and applied a new coat of dressing.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Wow thats a cool project you did with the tire products. sorry to hear about the nails in your tire but better that you found out so you dont end up with a blowout on the freeway. cool pics as well. I love all the Meguiares tire products. I recently spent 3hrs a month ago on my mach 1 doing the tries and rims. they looked so good I didnt even know it was my own car. She ended up taking class winner at mustangs at the queen mary show. Always keep the tires looking good as well as the rims cause people now a days check these out as well especially the judges at the car shows. April The Vettelady.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          Day 15 – 1/18/2006:
          Total Miles Driven: 257
          Weather: Sunny/Dry
          Road Conditions: Dry
          Days High Temp: 51 deg F.

Comments: Don't have my new tires yet(on order) so... here it is again! Both the NXT Insane Shine and Endurance are looking good. I washed my truck a couple days ago and tried to avoid the tires as much as possible. I did get soap and water on on the tires but did not wash them. Over all I am still impressed with both Insane Shine and Endurance both still look as the tires have a dressing on them, sure not as they were on day 1 but I am still happy with the look. By this time I would guess most consumers would have washed their vehicles and applied a new coat of dressing.
          gb387, Cool test and useful info for the rest of us!

Any chance you'd test the #38 for about 2 weeks and assess it's looks and staying power?

-Elk-

Comment

Originally posted by Elk
            gb387, Cool test and useful info for the rest of us!

Any chance you'd test the #38 for about 2 weeks and assess it's looks and staying power?

-Elk-
            I would like to give it another shot, I have new tires now. There is suppose to be a few warm days, depending on work(this is a busy week) I will apply some #38 again.
            Brandon

Comment

I like the Insane Shine. Here is a tire that has it on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                I would like to give it another shot, I have new tires now. There is suppose to be a few warm days, depending on work(this is a busy week) I will apply some #38 again.
                Cool! And thanks for taking the time to do that... when the weather is right and you have time of course. I'm looking forward to the report!

-Elk-

Comment

Originally posted by Elk
                  Cool! And thanks for taking the time to do that... when the weather is right and you have time of course. I'm looking forward to the report!

-Elk-
                  I was thinking.... In addition to #38, I would like to add a couple more to the mix so I placed my order for a "free sample" of Hot Shine Foam (aerosol) and I was thinking of trying Hot Shine (trigger) but I am not sure I can justify the purchase of yet another tire dressing so I may have to see what else is in my collection that I didn't use in this post. Not sure when the samples are going out but if I get it this week I will start.
                  Brandon

Comment

Mad props to gb387 for the tire dressing test. This alone had me sold on Endurance High Gloss Gel. Glad I went with Meguiar's instead of the "AA" brand in that orange-colored tub.

2012 KIA PICANTO
                    Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                    Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

GB--Gotta admire the OCD, brother! I.m thinking we need to get you an 18 wheeler so you can test ALL the Megs products in every position on the vehicle.

I have been using the Endurance High Gloss for some time on my SUV w/ Michelins. I recently got a car with Dunlop runflats--a real low profile tire (I think thats what its called when there is not much distance from the rim to the road), and they did not have the shine I have been seeing on the Michelins, so I tried the IS. I applied some to one of the Michelins as well as informal test, at the same time I did the EHG,

Here were my impressions--

1. I didn't like the loss of control with the IS, and had to worry about not getting it on the car body and the garage floor so I didn't go skating. Perhaps you can spray it on an applicator, but that can be a messy deal too. And then you have to wipe it off the rims.

2. After about a day or so, the IS looked like the EHG on the Michelins--my personal feeling is that I would rather dress a tire and have a consistent look from day one, and the IS looks a little phoney. I think this can have a lot to do with the car you are detailing. Some vehicles can handle the "insane" gloss--maybe one of those hot Japanese cars the kids love-sorry, I don't know the names of them. Other cars, that have a bit more, lets say, refinement--maybe a standard sedan--look like they have too much "makeup" on--like you would not (necessarily) put spinners on for rims, or light them up underneath.

3. There is so little tire showing on the Dunlop runflats, that there did not seem to be much difference between the IS and the EHG--or maybe this is a function of the difference between the brands or the fact that these are runflats. On a sidenote, I do not like the runflats--car seems to wander, the ride is harsh and noisy. I think Michelin makes a non-runflat "Pilot" that outperforms the runflats. I think you get 10-15K on runflats, so I will find out sooner than I want.

NOW--the guy who said he preferred the ASD--I haven't tried this, and right now my garage looks like the back of the truck at Meguiars traveling Roadshow van--but I would be interested to hear his thoughts on ASD. I am in Florida. We have a raiy season, but no snow, so I am wondering if this product sacrifices visual pop for longevity, since it is called "All Season", I presume, for a reason.

Comment

Monk, 18 wheeler? well actually... no only kidding, thats a lot of tires to dress!

I have ordered some ASD and other fine Meguiars products and hope to get them in next week(so says UPS's tracking system) and try out. I was going to do another test awhile back but weather wasn't all that great and I only really had one product to test(#38). So with all the talk of ASD I ordered some so I thought I would give it a try. Maybe its one to replace my "goto" dressing, Endurance High Gloss?
                        Brandon

Comment

Hey Gb,

I have been talking about ASD since it first came out! And after all of the other products I have tested, I still love ASD the best on tires! Just make sure to apply it fairly heavy to the tire with a foam appliactor, allow at least 7 minutes, then go back and wipe down with a dedicated MF towel. Then let me know what you think!

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');