• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 9 wax showdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 9 wax showdown!

Again great work, wolf-strong! NXT 2.0 the best? No surprise there. I'll forgive ya for even testing it when it was a given. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      I like all of the EO Nano products. I use them on my truck. I cleaned and polished the paint with the Deep Crystal System, and have been washing with the EO Nano Wash and Wax, I wax with the liquid version of Nano Wax. Use WAUD every time I dry it. Every other wash, after drying it, I use the spray EO Nano Wax. I use the Nano Protectant on the entire interior. I haven't used the polish on anything yet.

Eagle One would probably be my go to if Meguiar's wasn't around. Thanks for the testing and information!!
      WAUD is really great stuff. It and NXT are my two main paint care products...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

EXCELLENT WRITE UP! the pinnacle performed well, but the cost makes me think that it is a expensive paint care option. That NXT stuff gets great reviews. I suppose I outta
        buy a bottle
        Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Great review! I have Turtle ICE paste polish and I have to say I am not satisfied with it at all. It hardly covers up swirls by an orbital or by hand. Now I know to never buy ICE paste again.

Comment

Originally posted by 08 Corolla View Post
            Great review! I have Turtle ICE paste polish and I have to say I am not satisfied with it at all. It hardly covers up swirls by an orbital or by hand. Now I know to never buy ICE paste again.
            Generally the idea of a wax is to NOT cover swirls; NXT even struggles to cover up anything beyond very very light swirls/hazing. Rather, you should get your paint looking the way you want it to look BEFORE you wax, and than use the wax/sealant as a way to protect that surface from the outside and make it easier for the most important step; maintenance. This is where the power of detail sprays come in hand, especially UQD.

Comment

Great work. Can't say that enough, although the thing I was most excited about NXT 2.0 was that it is supposed to last much longer than V1 and comparable with other "long lasters". That put me on a bit of a downer.

Right now I'm a NXT user and was looking to use NXT 2.0 on that basis alone. I might use #26 though. Not sure.
              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Any updates Wolf?
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Great work. Now I am happy that I have the Nxt 2.0

I have a suggestion though:

can you compare Nxt with Mothers? I am hearing from car enthusiasts that they compare with Meguairs

Black Magic? I read from a Consumer review that they say its the best. But what about from the point of view of the detailer?

Production? watched videos about this and I think this has been discussed in the forum

Zymol? Car enthusiasts as well use this

Zaino? I heard that they are good as well

Comment

If the results are long term, then Collinite win hands down. At least 6 months durabilty out of it, compared to weeks for the others in this test (from my experience).
                    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

TH0001,

Do you have any long term comparisons with pictures you could point us to? I always love reading such tests.

Also, are they recent, so that they include NXT 2.0? I know that most will probably agree that 2.0 is longer lasting than the orginal, so I would be curious to see what you found. Thanks.

Comment

Gasti,

There is a great online comparison between Meg's and Zaino that really compares, swirl correction and shine (not durability) and the author's conclusion is that they were pretty similar with maybe a small edge (in looks) to the Meg's stuff.

His methodology for swirl removal wasn't great, but overall, I thought he did a pretty competent job. Do a search on google and you'll find it pretty easily.

Comment

Well at this current point in time I am still using NXT V2 as my main wax, but keeping M26 close at hand for when it is either really hot out or really cold at NXT starts acting up. I've found ways around this, but M26 is still probably the easiest wax I have ever used. I have little interest at this time in trying Mother's

I've always wanted to dry Zaino and Zymol though. The thing that attracts me to Zymol is that I could apply it by hand, and that just seems like it would be a fun, relaxing thing to do every once in a while (not every time) if I wanted to burn some steam or something. Zaino on the other hand from what I have read is nothing special like some make it out to be, rather is just another paint protectant. One day I will end up buying both.

Black Magic on the other hand may be one of those waxes that I buy because I am in the store looking for something else, pass buy, finally get swayed by the misleading advertisement or pushy sales guy, and buy it =P

Comment

Well, Zaino has a very loyal core following. Probably not too different than Meg's, just on a smaller scale.

From what I gather about Zaino is that *some* swear by its durability. Some *claim* it lasts for 1 year on a daily driver (which I think is total nonsense) but who knows. I've also read that some thinks it makes a car look "plastic like" (although I'm not quite sure what that means).

I'll never use it for the simple reason that I live in NJ and NJ is one of three States they don't ship to and the hoops they want you to go through is just too much. Plus, in my 18 years of detailing (as a hobby), I've learned that most of the hype associated with products and companies, is exactly that; hype.

Meg's on the other hand continues to churn out solid performing reliable staples that don't promise the world, just excellent car care products.

Comment

I used Zaino products on my red 2002 Ranger back in 2003~. I got my Zaino about 2 weeks before the first NXT was released. (I had been using a combo of Gold Class and Mother's stuff at that point).

My buddy had a 2003 Silver Explorer sport, and he went with the NXT.

We used to do a spot-free rinse of our vehicles 2-3 times a week, at the same time and place...and when compared the results seemed very comparable. BUT, we did agree that the Zaino beaded up a little longer than his coat of NXT. Granted, we both did our own waxing and I think I clayed first, and he didn't...so it isn't a great test.

BUT, in the end I ended up switching to NXT because the pre-mixing and measuring of the Zaino was a serious pain. I felt like a damn chemist, and it was just too much work.

Now I would say 95% of my detailing arsenal has a Meguiar's logo

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                                TH0001,

Do you have any long term comparisons with pictures you could point us to? I always love reading such tests.

Also, are they recent, so that they include NXT 2.0? I know that most will probably agree that 2.0 is longer lasting than the orginal, so I would be curious to see what you found. Thanks.
                                Actually I just started a test that consists of testing the following products and I will have pictures up in a couple days..

BulletProof Platinum
                                Collinite #476
                                Collinite #845
                                Collinite #915
                                ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax
                                Meguiars #16
                                Meguiasr #26
                                Meguiars NXT V2.0
                                Lusso Oro
                                Pinnacle Souveran
                                P21s 100% Carnauba Wax
                                Rejex
                                Ultima Paint Guard Plus
                                Werkstat Acrylic Jett
                                Zaino Z2 Pro
                                Zaino Z5 Pro
                                Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal
                                Zymol Vintage Estate Gauge

But to answer your question, I haven't found that NXT 2.0 is making it past the 5 week point with out a significant reduction in gloss, slickness, and water beading/sheeting ability. Is this longer then I found for NXT 1.0? Yes. Is it far from the normal as to other people who have been using it? Not from people who I have spoken with.

I have seen with my own eyes Collinite #476 and #845 look fresh 3 months after application and still bead like (or near like) new 6 months out. Not even close. I have taken everything into account for this test and tried to be as fair about surface prep as possible. We will see....
                                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');