• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Cleaning

Did not know where to post this but I am sure the mods will move it if necessary. As some of you know I am not big on window cleaning products, and have always used simply warm water and and microfiber. Usually great results, and no chemicals. Well my neighbor brought over a product called Ominicloth. It is a cloth you simply get wet and clean your windows/glass, and anything hard. As some of you know in my almost 10 years here, I hate hype, and have clashed with some, especially over leather products, and "oils" in wax/polishes and whatever, but these things (Omnicloths) actually does as advertised. No I do not work for them..I own a horse farm. I cleaned the mirrors in one of my bathrooms that always gets the sun and shoes streaks like crazy. Not with these cloths. So tonight I did the windows in my cars. The one car sits where the sun shines in the back garage door shows no streaks. No sprays, just water and wipe down. No I do not work for Ominicloth, and frankly they look flimsy, and may not last long, so the cost effect to buying a chemical product is unknown. When mine gets used up, or old, I may just go back to warm water and an MF. They work great in my windows, non smoker, so just throwing this out there.

Re: Window Cleaning

Where did your neighbor get this omnicloth?

Comment

Apparently she got them from her daughter, who said you can get them on line. I went to the website and did not see where you can order them. Don't know if I am allowed to link to other sites, so just add a dot com after the name.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

i use newspaper and the meguiars clarity product. its like windex, i think its the best way to clean windows

Comment

Car Pro offers something similar.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by MicrofiberMan View Post
              i use newspaper and the meguiars clarity product. its like windex, i think its the best way to clean windows
              I have used newspapers, Windex (on the windshield not on my tints) vinegar, Invisible glass, and god know what else, and always had a streak here or there. My best results was using simple warm water and a microfiber cloth and dry with a MF. I was amazed at this omni cloth. No streaks, and was so impressed I swabbed down the entire interior. The black leather interior, which always seems to show dust and lint, looks new, and no lint left over, and no chemicals $$$$. Wish I could send you all one cloth but it seems they cannot even be bought from their web site. I vaguely remember seening then on some late night shopping infomercial. Anyway if you ever come across the Omnicloth, buy one.

Comment

I think we've discussed this before, but the best thing I've tried in the Deep South humidity of my life is to use nothing but my slightly soiled GCQW towel (that I used on the paint). The waxes in the residue pull the grime and leave a shiny streak-free result behind. I also don't have to do this very often, say once every couple of months or whatever (stay away from other cars that burn oil, and you'll save a lot of cleaning). If the glass is really bad, like the back window where I can't reach easily, I'll use UWWA to clear it, then do the same thing, a GCQW towel, maybe with a spritz of the QW itself. Everything else I've tried - and I feel like I've tried everything - just makes more work for me and doesn't work in the first place Glass can be maddening, Dude! Maybe this product you tried is as much a wonder as a lightly residued GCQW towel, though...

As for the leather and such, I love Gold Class Leather Conditioner. I've even added it to my merch bag in the trunk so I can touch up anywhere, and I use it on non-leather as well.
                Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');