• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQD left some wicked spots all over my car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UQD left some wicked spots all over my car..

All compound and polishes can be used by hand.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ok. Guess I'll use some vinegar then try a spot of UC.
      2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

I washed it with 1 gal water and 1 cup vinegar. Kind of weird washing it was no so. It doesn't look any different but I feel better that the pH is normal now.

Comment

I have taken my car to get looked at by my detailer and I am freaking out because even he is not sure if it'll come out.

He just doesn't sound too confident about it.

Comment

Did you try UC by hand in a small area?
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

No I didn't want to risk making it worse. I have an appointment at the detailer tomorrow morning.

Comment

I would recommend you try it on a very small area. If it works, you just saved yourself a lot of money.

From the photos it sure looks like UC will knock that out.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have to agree with Mr. Stoops as the pictures look like clear coat etching from the cement bonding with the paint's surface. For example, if you mix quickcrete in a buck and place you hand/arm in it ( I do not recommend this!), there will be a dermal abrasion and redness of the skin as the concrete is "bonding" with your skin. It will come off, and depending on the cure time/dwell time that you let the concrete stay in contact with you skin will depend on how much force is needed to remove it and how much skin redness there is. With that said, definitely try Ultimate Compound (UC) by hand. I have a feeling that a microfiber disc (DAMF) and UC will work quite well but only a test will reveal the results. Good luck.

Comment

I would clay bar that, compound it, polish it, wax it, and enjoy the shine! I got caught behind a concrete truck that had some sort of spray coming off of it. Afterwards, when I got home, I found dried concrete spots all over my beautiful black paint. I thought it was water spots at first. I did the steps I already mentioned and the paint returned to brilliant!
                    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

I agree with all the advice, Agent 99. The guys above have explained several ways. Those are water spots and/or residue from the original issue. It really doesn't matter at this point, because based on what you've tried, you essentially have no real protection or finish left. You cannot fix this with spray products. You must fully correct the paint and create a true finish, either by hand or by machine, doing it yourself or paying a pro, and that means carefully claying, compounding, polishing and waxing. At that point, you will be blown away by the results You will THEN use spray products on a daily basis to maintain that correction for weeks, months, or as long as possible, depending on weather and other factors. When it seems your finish is requiring more work to maintain or doesn't have the same luster, you then can usually do the wax step alone to restore it and start the clock again on maintaining the corrected finish.
                      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Me, I would find out what company the guy using the concrete saw worked for and then hand it all over to my Insurance Company to deal with.

Comment

My windows looks like that OP, all of the windows.
                          I tried Claying, still there.....
                          Its soo hard to drive at night with all those water spots etched-into the windshield.
                          Very very hard for me to see and I have perfect vision.
                          Its a 2016 and just acquired, but I know this car has been sitting in the Dealership lot for almost 1year.

Please help.
                          I don't have a orbital, i have to do this by hand.

thank you

P.s.
                          why does one have to put a address to put a image up?
                          I don't know how to post images here.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');