• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray wax

Can any one tell me the different benefits between quik wax, gold class spray wax, and ultimate quik wax? I'm having trouble choosing which is best for me. Longevity isn't a high priority since my cars are tended to almost weekly. I want to know which will give the best shine between waxes. I normally use a spray wax every other wash.

Also below are a few pics. I washed with dish soap, clayed, liquid carnauba, topped off with next 2.0. (I only used dish soap to remove all existing wax)
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Re: Spray wax

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
    Can any one tell me the different benefits between quik wax, gold class spray wax, and ultimate quik wax? I'm having trouble choosing which is best for me. Longevity isn't a high priority since my cars are tended to almost weekly. I want to know which will give the best shine between waxes. I normally use a spray wax every other wash.

Also below are a few pics. I washed with dish soap, clayed, liquid carnauba, topped off with next 2.0. (I only used dish soap to remove all existing wax)
    Ultimate quik wax is synthetic. It will impart a more durable protection than the others as well as leaving the surface hydrophobic. Gold Class will give that darkening effect like a carnuaba does on black paint. I would go with ultimate quik wax.

Check out post #6 by Michael Stoops.

One other thing a synthetic wax is usually topped with a carnauba. NXT is synthetic so next it should be NXT then topped with a carnauba.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

On light colored car like your Nissan, I may even skip the Carnauba coat. Why? I believe that one may not get the benefit of the Carnauba as much as with a dark colored vehicle (yeah right, I used M07 glaze on my silver car), and NXT 2.0 does work well on light colored cars. But then, to each his own, if you find that the Carnauba wax gives some improvement on your car, the go for it, it can offer a bit more protection as well.

Comment

I didn't realize that about carnuba/synthetic thank you
        Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
          On light colored car like your Nissan, I may even skip the Carnauba coat. Why? I believe that one may not get the benefit of the Carnauba as much as with a dark colored vehicle (yeah right, I used M07 glaze on my silver car), and NXT 2.0 does work well on light colored cars. But then, to each his own, if you find that the Carnauba wax gives some improvement on your car, the go for it, it can offer a bit more protection as well.
          Hahaha, I used m07 on my silver Pontiac when I had it too. I stopped after awhile though. I read somewhere (not here) that carnuba lasts longest. That's why I put it on and then used nxt 2.0 to "seal" it in. So what do you fellas suggest as an order for a wet finish to my white/light colored cars?

Comment

You were misinformed. Sealants last longer than carnauba.

Good chart for reference.

Learn everything there is to know about how to detail and maintain your car with a selection of starter kits and free articles from the pros.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

gmitch, what you will like depends on what you mean by "shine". In my case, I use Gold Class QW, which has the strongest focus on carnauba of the quik waxes, and it's surprisingly durable because it's also a synthetic, too.

The distinction above between synthetic/sealant and carnauba/wax is misleading, at least with Meguiar's, because as I've learned, all their finishing products are synthetic, one way or another, while some are blended with carnauba and other polishing oils more than others, while some have no carnauba at all. Gold Class, Detailer D301, Deep Crystal Carnauba, for examples, and then GCQW, are all based more on their carnauba mixes, but still offer "hydrophobic" properties - to me, a fancy word for water beading.

UWWA/D115, an amazing cleaning product, is also a synthetic as well as carnauba blend, and I use it to lightly "seal" a fresh D301 wax job and keep it clean daily, using GCQW after a week or two or after a wash with GC Shampoo or UWW. I wish it UWWA were less silvery, though. After a few weeks or whatever, the D301 has been replaced with UWWA, and even with using GCQW as well, and I can clearly see the difference. The Ultimate-style "sealant" look used across a number of Meguiar's products is too glossy and silvery and shallow in reflection for my black metallic paint. It makes the car look like a plastic model with no depth. I just don't like it. I like the "carnauba" look, which is a LOT darker and wetter and deeper. For example, since I started using D301, a very dark, blueish carnauba-based cleaner wax, I'd never seen such a "sexy" mesmerizing and super deep finish in my car - and I was using Gold Class before, arguably one of the sexiest waxes on the market.

Anyway, since you'll be happily re-waxing and quik-waxing regularly, it won't matter how long a wax or quik wax supposedly lasts, however, you may prefer the "shine" of the silvery glossy look over the dark wet look. You may also notice that a strong carnauba approach will give your white paint a depth and reflection you never saw before. Based on your current combinations, they may be competing with each other for what will please your eye the most. So, it may be cheap and easy enough to try GCQW side-by-side either UQW or UWWA and see which shine qualities you like.
              Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
              4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
              First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
                Hahaha, I used m07 on my silver Pontiac when I had it too. I stopped after awhile though. I read somewhere (not here) that carnuba lasts longest. That's why I put it on and then used nxt 2.0 to "seal" it in. So what do you fellas suggest as an order for a wet finish to my white/light colored cars?
                I think I know where you got that info, it can also depend on the manufacturer, but usually synthetics last longer than carnauba. For light colored cars, NXT 2.0 maybe 2 coats for even coverage. Regular maintenance with a quick detailer an quick wax will keep that just waxed look and feel for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');