• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Shine Microfibers X-2020 & X-2010 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Shine Microfibers X-2020 & X-2010 ~ Review

I got a chance to try Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibers when I was detailing my truck a couple weeks ago and again today with LT and QID.

First Impressions:
    They are packaged in some simple cardboard, and it serves its purpose. I really like the new Gold Class car/logo!

The towels are thick, soft and good sized.

Application/Use:
    I used them to remove both #80 Speed Glaze and #21 Synthetic Sealant.

The towels removed both products with one swipe with no streaks with no lint problems.

I also use one to apply Last Touch Spray Detailer. This worked exceptionally well with the towel, again it left no streaks. It seems a nice thick quality towel works best with LT.

I did one more trial was with the Quik Interior Detailer. Again worked well removed dust and held it in the towel with out releasing it elsewhere in the interior. I used a towel in my Quik Interior Detailer Review.

Microfiber Comparison:
    I have had some "standard" microfibers (right side of photo) from another online retailer and really liked the towels prior to Meguiars. I found Meguiars towels (left side of photo) are a step up in all categories. Meguiars is larger in size, deeper pile, thicker pile and better stitching around the edge.

I also have an "ultra-plush" microfiber (middle of photo) from the same retailer. Meguiars towel (left side of photo) is more comparable to this towel. They are the same size, the pile is similar with the edge going to Meguiars slightly deeper and thicker pile. Meguiars towel is also priced better and has the better stitching around the edge.

LEFT: Meguiars Towel ~ MIDDLE: Other "ultra-plush" microfiber ~ RIGHT: Other "standard" microfiber:

Overall Impression:
    The Meguiars towels are very good towels at a very good price! So far I have washed them once with Woolite and they held up well, they are still very soft and didn't seem to hold any wax/polish/dust in after the washing.

They removed the #80 and #21 better than the other guys towels that I have. They also work much better with LT, MUCH better than any other towel I have used, they are a must with LT. I have not used the other guys towels with QID so I can not compare.

Two

Brandon
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Another nice review! The towel certainly looks like it's a quality product.
    Boss_429

Comment

I do believe I've found my new 'go-to' Quick detailer towel with the Supreme Shine MFs. Amazing softness and a decently deep nap. Even with dust that was lightly drizzled on (making pre cleaning with a duster impossible), these towels and some QD did a great job cleaning my BLACK car and even under harsh lighting, I was unable to detect any swirling or marring.

I think these towels will work best with QDs and removing LSPs. I find a slightly less soft towel (like the white Meguiars MFs) work best on polishes and glazes.
      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

the question is, can they be bought in bulk?
        Chopped 55 Suburban
        99 3.0 CL
        Family cars:
        1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
        48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
        New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
        Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

I have been using these things regularly and continue to be happy with them....

They work just fine removing cleaner/polish/wax/Quik Detailer. So far I have removeed NXT, #21, #80 and #81 with the towels all were no problem. One thing I have found to be very helpful is the two sided design. One towel can go along way.

I have washed these 3-4 times now and they are holding up just fine.

My old Micros have gotten demoted to dirtier jobs.

Brandon

Comment

How do you wash and dry the towels?

Thanks,
            Blake

Comment

Woolite in the washing machine, dry them untill nearly dry then let air dry the rest of the way.

I prefer Woolite but any liquid soap will work.
              Brandon

Comment

These towels are awsome! The quality is perfect, only downside is the packiging does not protect them. When I first bought the smaller pack you can get it had dirt and peices of stuff all over it.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/stepinfetch

Comment

They do sell a 5-pack.
                  "Washing for the People"

Comment

Originally posted by AutoNova
                    They do sell a 5-pack.
                    At the moment, the 5 packs are not available, but the 3 pack is. Hopefully the 5 pack should begin shipping really, really soon!

Awesome towels!!!!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I've had my towels for a good 6 weeks now and even with at least weekly washing, they appear to be in as good a shape (but not quite as clean!) as the new ones I bought about a week ago.
                      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                        I've had my towels for a good 6 weeks now and even with at least weekly washing, they appear to be in as good a shape (but not quite as clean!) as the new ones I bought about a week ago.
                        I am discovering the same thing... hold up very well and look like they will last!
                        Brandon

Comment

agreed, i haven't noticed any problems as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                            At the moment, the 5 packs are not available, but the 3 pack is. Hopefully the 5 pack should begin shipping really, really soon!

Awesome towels!!!!

Tim
                            I am already getting the five packs from my distributor here, I have been for 2 weeks.
                            "Washing for the People"

Comment

as i mentioned in another thread.... i received some top notch/high quality mf's from a well reputable boutique vendor, and comparing them side by side (feeling, stretching it into the light to see the thin or thickness, etc...) the supreme shine mf is still by far.... plusher, bigger and less expensive! there's no reason to change in my book (i'm pretty picky)....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');