• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping silver with Gold Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jezz12 View Post
    Nope! Mine is what you can see from the picture, a medium blue car. Somehow I really like your idea topping with GCQW. While I do love the looks that a carnauba gave, I just simply can't resist the slickness that a sealant has to offer. That's why I'm considering topping my base coat with GCQW. Anyway, Good luck Mark for your detailing session. Make sure you post the result once you finished. Hope to hear from you soon
    I think that color will look fantastic with GCQW. Just dark enough to take advantage of the carnauba, and light enough to retain the pop of the sealant. Awesome!

Time to go hunt down myself a bottle of this stuff!

Comment

Jezz,

Picked up some GCQW today at a local Advanced Auto.

I applied it in my garage on top of a base of ULW (cured for about 14hrs).

When I pulled it outside, POW! I couldn't believe the glossiness it imparted onto a silver car! Very impressed!

I wasn't expecting this, especially when Meg's seems to be stressing the whole "best for dark colors" thing with this product.

No word on durability, I'll save that for a full write up.

-Mark

Comment

Re: Topping silver with Gold Class

Well, I don't have that 'high' expectation on the durability from GC, but I'm looking forward on how it affect the looks. Does it give you the look of a traditional carnauba wax? Warm and wet looking?
        "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Originally posted by jezz12 View Post
          Well, I don't have that 'high' expectation on the durability from GC, but I'm looking forward on how it affect the looks. Does it give you the look of a traditional carnauba wax? Warm and wet looking?
          My car looked like it was dripping wet! I only snapped one picture (I'm not a picture guy...) but seriously, HIGHLY recommend it!

Can I get some guidance on uploading photos on the iPhone app? Otherwise, PM me w/ your email and I'll email you the shot.

Comment

Honestly speaking I don't know how, but I can PM you my email
            "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Just an update- Quick wash with Gold Class and applied more GCQW to get fresh pictures-

Comment

While the gold class "combo" seems to work best on dark paint, people should be open to using it on light colors too. Your car turned out great, obviously the gold class worked well even on silver where synthetics like NXT 2 or ultimate wax should be more suitatble to silvers. BUt it seems to impart a more polished look, certain angles it looks real nice.

Comment

I did the same to my pearl white car....

2 coats of Ultimate Paster Wax with Ultimate Quik Wax in-between coat (let it cure for 24 hours), then clean it with M135 and topup with Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax everyday. I just finish my 4th coats of GC Carnauba Plus Pasta Wax. Total duration = 6 days in covered carpark. Not sure the effect as have not gotten the car into the sun.

I would said UQW give me a very clean and shinning wax look but GC give me a deep shine with a silky feel.

Comment

After reading the forums, I decided to go with NXT for my 2007 silver Chrysler 300c.... after one clean, polish and wax, I was amazed at the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');