• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scottwax-Man vs Machine pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottwax-Man vs Machine pics

On May the eighth, two thousand and four, thirty plus enlightened Detailers desended upon Meguiar's in Irvine California.

Most have heard of the Legendary Scottwax, others would soon have his name etched in their souls like hard water spots on paint.

Observing this Man, he is wise and articulate, he knows his product like a chemist, his tools like a surgeon. He is proficient with the Nikon n60 35mm slr, as he is with a dual action polisher g-100a. This Being is an Alchemist.

Detailers gathered around to witness this Wizard, who is known to transform the finest machines in all the land, into mobile works of art, using but just his magical hands.

They watched with anticipation as the Famous Scottwax was set to burst the metallic out from the paint on a 350Z. Scott would wax with what he is admired for, by hand, against the skilled detailer Aurora 40 wielding a G-100A with a W-9006.

To everyones amazement The Mighty Scottwax was triumphant
    against the Machine. In Aurora 40's own account.
    Quote-
    He is a real master of detailing. Watching Scott wax from the front of a car by hand, while I started from the rear by PC was awesome. He was already waxing the back 1/4 panel before I'd finished that one section!! It was also awesome to watch Scott

To the Wax Master Scottwax, I say many thanks to you, for your candor, wisdom and selflessness. Thanks for helping the Black Lexus look so mesmerizing.

To the future, wherever it takes you.

~Soarer

Special thanks to Mike Phillips.

Also thanks to Brian, Bob, Jimamary, Bob and Daniel.
    Last edited by soarer; May 13, 2004, 12:36 AM.
    You learn to become Great, by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Heh, thanks for referring to me as "the skilled detailer Aurora 40"...

I thought maybe you had some picts of Scott's hand blurring along the paint or something. But here's one of your gallery shots:

I think that SC 400 might have been the most amazing transformation of the day. It wasn't in bad shape or anything when it started, but it was simply incredible when it left.
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Thanks Bob

Quote-

I think that SC 400 might have been the most amazing transformation of the day. It wasn't in bad shape or anything when it started, but it was simply incredible when it left.

Thanks Bob. When Mike Phillips and Scottwax touch things,
      al-k&-mE.

Quote-

I thought maybe you had some picts of Scott's hand blurring along the paint or something.

I only had 400 speed film, so it was a blur of a blur.

Bob, if you could please, post more of my gallery pictures, especially the one of you contemplating taking on Scottwax in a Man vs Machine rematch, waxing Meguiar's big rig.

~Soarer
      You learn to become Great, by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Comment

I was there.
        It's all true.

For me, the most satisfying aspect was to watch Soarer try to contain his satisfaction of the entire day's work!

The car really looked better than the picture, and, if I remember correctly, it is NINE years old...

Nice products, great technique!

Jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Re: Thanks Bob

Originally posted by soarer
          Bob, if you could please, post more of my gallery pictures, especially the one of you contemplating taking on Scottwax in a Man vs Machine rematch, waxing Meguiar's big rig.

~Soarer
          Alright, but only because you mentioned I was skilled...

P.S. Scottwax was probably 30,000 feet in the air by the time the Meg's truck pulled in.

For those that haven't seen it (apparently it is rarely at Meg's headquarters), the paint on that truck is absolutely amazing. It's just a big truck, which to me isn't that interesting, but the detail work on all the paint is just incredible. The amount of time and skill put into it is really interesting.

Last edited by Aurora40; May 12, 2004, 08:16 PM.
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Soarer-thanks for the kind words.

I had a blast working on so many cars, yours was real fun because it was already in pretty good shape, just needed a deeper polishing to take it the next level. I wish I hadn't had to leave when I did (but got to take care of my customers....did all my Saturday cars on Sunday with about 5 hours of sleep) because I wanted to see how your car ultimately turned out in person, but the pics look great!

What I really liked was seeing the look on people's faces when they saw how using the right tools, processes and products could tranform an already good finish into an excellent one. The glee on some of the participant's faces were priceless!
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Products used on Lexus

Mike Phillips and Scottwax helped detail the Back Lexus, which has stage one paint.

The products that were used- Meguiar's clay bar w/ Quik Detailer, #81 hand polish w/ G-100 A w/ W-8006 yellow pad @ #5, followed by NXT wax w/ W-9006 finishing pad, wo w/ M-9920 Ultimate Bonnet @ #5. #81 w/ PC on all Glass.

Quote-

For me, the most satisfying aspect was to watch Soarer try to contain his satisfaction of the entire day's work!

The car really looked better than the picture, and, if I remember correctly, it is NINE years old...

Thanks Jim for all your wisdom and help.

Quote-

Alright, but only because you mentioned I was skilled...

OK, OK... Highly SKilled! Thanks Bob

The fifth picture from the top is Daniel's Infinity G35.

The next picture is of Brian aka Sqkykln, Mike Phillips, Bob aka Rjstaff, Bob aka Aurora 40, Jim aka Jimamary, aka Jimmy Buffit and Daniel aka Soaped.

Thanks Guys for all your help too!

Quote-

What I really liked was seeing the look on people's faces when they saw how using the right tools, processes and products could tranform an already good finish into an excellent one. The glee on some of the participant's faces were priceless!

Your right Scott, as Soaped said,"Being in a Meguiar's garage is kind of like the Disneyland experience. Based on people's reactions to their finished cars, it must be one of the happiest place on earth lol."

~Soarer
              Last edited by soarer; May 13, 2004, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Hey Guys....What's the deal with the big rig? How did the SUV get up on those ramps?...Never seen anything like that.
                r. b.

Comment

Mike wrote about the big rig in the Autopia detail day at Meguiar's post.

Said it came in for supplies and to pick up the SUV, the ramp for which the Ford sits lowers up and down.

The Rig travels around to events, promoting Meguiar's.

How would you like to detail that thing top to bottom?
                  Last edited by soarer; May 14, 2004, 03:00 PM.

Comment

How would you like to detail that thing top to bottom?
                    As long as I got paid by the hour, I wouldn't mind it...
                    r. b.

Comment

What would you charge for someting like that to complete?

Comment

What would you charge for someting like that to complete?
                        Several hundred dollars, at least!
                        Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Having you do it Scott, that's like a 75 % discount!

Comment

Re: Products used on Lexus

Mike Phillips and Scottwax helped detail the Back Lexus, which has stage one paint.

#81 hand polish w/ G-100 A w/ W-8006 yellow pad @ #5

~Soarer
                            They worked in #81 on the 5 setting?.......Am I seeing this right?

Looks like the product would have gummed up at that speed.
                            r. b.

Comment

I left one of those steps bank in the speed setting, was not clear as to the speed. Applying #81 could have been @ 4 on the speed setting. I recall using 4 on one of these steps

Nothing gummed up, so you may be right!

Mike or Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');