• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee lovers! Get in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee lovers! Get in here!

I, like many people, love coffee. I drink at least 32 oz a day Monday through Friday. Problem is, most coffee I've had is sub par or bitter. But recently a good friend of mine started his own small business selling coffee that I feel is the best I've ever tasted. Perhaps the greatest thing about it is that it's organic and the pay the farmers a good wage and work closely with them. He also sells chocolate that is out of this world and can be used to make an amazing hot chocolate. If anyone is interested, I encourage you to check out http://www.benchwarmerscoffee.com/ and give Adam a shout. After all, small business is the backbone of our nation.

Andy

Re: Coffee lovers! Get in here!

If you want a good cup of coffee, you will need to prepare it yourself. First step is buying good whole beans. 100% Columbian is a good place to start. The second step is grinding them right before brewing. Third, whatever brewing system you use needs to be CLEAN. Results should be a good cup of coffee to use as comparison when you try different beans.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Hey garage troll , I am from Easton , Pa . Not to far from you . I drink WAYYYYY to much coffee . Pretty much have a cup in my hand all day .

Comment

Hey Scapegoat! I know exactly where you are. My parents live in Lehigh Co right outside of Allentown! Small world. I know what you mean. I used to drink more. On my last trip down to NC I drank 5 cups (24 oz) on the road. Just shy of a gallon! That was WAY too much

Comment

Originally posted by DogParkGuy View Post
          If you want a good cup of coffee, you will need to prepare it yourself. First step is buying good whole beans. 100% Columbian is a good place to start. The second step is grinding them right before brewing. Third, whatever brewing system you use needs to be CLEAN. Results should be a good cup of coffee to use as comparison when you try different beans.
          I completely agree with you Art and my friend does do that at his stand. He has all kinds of little tricks to make the best tasting coffee I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by DogParkGuy View Post
            That sounds good- but at 0600 hrs, I'm going with Dunkin Donuts single-serve K-cups in my Keurig brewer. It's just too easy, and really fast...

Comment

I used to drink a lot of coffee. But cut down on it now. Many coffee shops in my area, usually not very good. They use low grade coffee n tea. Starbucks n Coffee Bean are expensive in my country. So I usually have my nice cup of coffee at McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by dtuna42 View Post
                That sounds good- but at 0600 hrs, I'm going with Dunkin Donuts single-serve K-cups in my Keurig brewer. It's just too easy, and really fast...
                I set up everything the night before on my combo grinder/brewer. All I do is push the button in the morning.
                Art Layton
                2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Cost is one of the reasons I buy his coffee. $24 (Two 12 oz bags) will last me a whole month at 32 oz a day. I would be spending around $100 a month at Starbucks. Plus, his coffee is FAR better quality.

Comment

Being a lover of great coffee, I'm a pretty lucky guy. My coffee beans comes from Alterra coffee roasters [http://alterracoffee.com/] located right in my back yard. Their beans are sourced specialty coffees. I order their beans when I'm on the road too. Think I'll go brew a pot now. Just posting this made me want a cup.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

Never heard if them but it sounds delicious! I just had some holiday blend. Soooo good.

Comment

I'm very fortunate to have so many good coffee roasters local to me, I'm reminded of this often times when I travel and struggle to find something good.

Twin Valley Coffee is right up the street from me, great for grabbing a cup on my way to work when I need it. New Holland Coffee will roast me a pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain (when I'm feeling rich) or other single origins, Kimberton Coffee Company is run by an alchemist at heart, when it comes to blending bean styles they are second to none in my book and all of them are certified organic, and One Village Coffee is a good all around roaster with everything fair trade certified.

Other selections not too much further away are Burlap and Bean, Reading Coffee Company, Bucks County Coffee, Fat Puppy Coffee Roasters...wow, too many to drink and not enough time!

Comment

Perfect Barista Espresso Coffee
                          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey guys, you must come to PORTUGAL and try our coffee, we have the best expressos.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');