• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple tip: Saving and accessing MOL articles and threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple tip: Saving and accessing MOL articles and threads

This really is a simple tip. Simple because it costs nothing, takes only a couple of minutes to set up, and is probably already practiced by many members of MOL (I doubt if I was the first!)

I'm sure many of us have read several great threads on MOL and wanted to save the content or at least be able to find it again when the need warrants. Too often I have read posts by some MOLers who mention a great thread they read a while back and now cannot find it.

Some folks save the URL of the parent thread as a Bookmark (FireFox) or Favorite (Internet Explorer). This is a great way to find a favorite MOL thread, but if your don't sync your various devices (computers, PDA's, cell phones) then the URL is limited to the device on which you saved the link.

Whenever I read an MOL thread that I want to save, I copy the hyperlinked thread title from MOL and send it to my internet email account.

I paste the hyperlinked thread title in the subject line and again in the body of the message.

What I have done is create a subfolder on my internet email account (in this case, Hotmail) and named it Meguiars.
    When it arrives in my inbox, I simply move it to my Meguiars folder for future reference.

Because the internet email account is readily available wherever you can connect to an access point (unless the firewall at your job prevents access to such sites), you will have access to your saved Meguiars "library"

Re: Simple tip: Saving and accessing MOL articles and threads

That's a good tip ClearlyCoated. Another alternative would be to use Google Bookmark or a similar bookmarking service which saves the bookmarks to your Google or other online account, accessible from any computer.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Comment

Good tip. Makes a lot of sense.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
        That's a good tip ClearlyCoated. Another alternative would be to use Google Bookmark or a similar bookmarking service which saves the bookmarks to your Google or other online account, accessible from any computer.
        I didn't know about Google Bookmarks. Thanks for sharing the resource!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');