• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have commited detailing adultrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have commited detailing adultrey

I was working at a Merrill Lynch office cleaning a few cars and ran out of wax. Fortunately there was a shopping center right next to the office. I went into the Publix (for those of you who dont know, its a supermarket kind of like a Kroger) and all they had was turtle wax and Black Magic. I am not terribly fond of turtle wax so I went with the black magic. WOW! I waxed a black Nissan Pathfinder first and the deep color was incredible. I have always been a loyal user of Megs but this stuff was pretty impressive. On the down side, as I have already read here quite a few times, its terribly hard to remove. Considering dark colors show EVERYTHING, be ready to spend a little more time taking it off than you do putting it on. It took me one swipe with a mf towel and two with QD.
    Pros: Deep color, wet look
    Cons: Annoyingly hard to remove.
    Verdict: I think it would be a great wax to layer with. Use Black Magic as the base wax to bring out the color and Megs yellow wax on top to protect. Maybe it should be the other way around. What do yall think?
    ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
    www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
    (352) 897-0050

Re: I have commited detailing adultrey

I think it's pretty cool that you found a product that you like by chance. Although we are Meguiar's fans, we're not brainwashed. Hopefully you get the longevity and protection etc. out of the Black Magic wax.

What looks good is subjective. Glad you like the product.

Regarding layering, I'd consider at putting any Carnauba based wax on top. Hopefully the base coat is providing the protection.

Comment

Glad you found something that works for you. I tried it once, did not care for it. Once again, glad it worked for you.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

A mobile detailer in Ocala! I thought about moving there once but never thought I could make a living detailing in Ocala. I am glad your making it! Ever heard of the Mojo Grill?

How long to expect your new found wax will protect and shine over Meguiars?
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Don't worry about it, I myself am a fan of their wetshine car wash. But it always comes down to what product you like the best and works for you.

Comment

The only Meg's products I use are, ASD, Glass Cleaner Concentrate, D151, APC, APC+ and Superdegreaser (might drop APC in favor of APC+)
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Hey Joe, I am glad you did not move here. I would hate to have to compete against you! :P If I were to limit to just ocala, no, I would make no living but I also do Gainesville (University of Florida) and the Villages, the largest retirement community in the country! Between them and ocala, I stay busy. I do not know how long this new stuff will last. I am testing it right now. What I think I am going to wind up doing is using this new stuff to get my deep shine and then go over it w/ Megs to actually protect. I do not think I have been to the Mojo grill but there are one or two really great other places.
              ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
              www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
              (352) 897-0050

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                The only Meg's products I use are, ASD, Glass Cleaner Concentrate, D151, APC, APC+ and Superdegreaser (might drop APC in favor of APC+)
                No 105 / 205??

I honestly feel comfortable substituting other products for most everything, but I LOVE 105/205 polishes. The only other polish I really like as much as them is Menzerna SIP.
                Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Let me know how that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
                    No 105 / 205??

I honestly feel comfortable substituting other products for most everything, but I LOVE 105/205 polishes. The only other polish I really like as much as them is Menzerna SIP.
                    I have M105 but don't use it anymore. I like Menz polishes but I use System 1 X3 most of the time now.
                    AeroCleanse, LLC
                    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Thompson View Post
                      Hey Joe, I am glad you did not move here. I would hate to have to compete against you! :P If I were to limit to just ocala, no, I would make no living but I also do Gainesville (University of Florida) and the Villages, the largest retirement community in the country! Between them and ocala, I stay busy. I do not know how long this new stuff will last. I am testing it right now. What I think I am going to wind up doing is using this new stuff to get my deep shine and then go over it w/ Megs to actually protect. I do not think I have been to the Mojo grill but there are one or two really great other places.
                      Mojo is owned by my "lil brother". Great to hear your busy
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');