• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another question about car audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about car audio!

So i called rockersford fosgate about my P2 Dual voice coil 12" sub. Its RMS is 250 watts. My amp is 500 Watts RMS. I can run it on a series @ 8 ohms rite???????? It will be about 300 Watts RMS @ 8 ohms? Is there anything wrong with that? Can my amp do that? It a class D mono block? (Kenwood)

Re: Another question about car audio!

yes the amp can do that and the higher the ohms yes the less power the amp puts out but you get more of a dynamic range in the music because the ohms are farther from 0, if you wired it into 1 ohm sometimes the woofer goes down to 0 ohm while playing and when it goes to 0 ohm the woofer doesnt play music for the split second, you wont notice it though, it will mostly happen when there are a lot of bass notes close together, i am really into car audio, i have done a lot to my car and i have learned a lot from the engineer/installer who did the work to my car

Comment

so i can play it hard @ 8 ohms cause is gonna be putting out AROUND 250 RMS? And i wont have to deal with clipping will i because it will be 'light' on the amp? (Compared to running 2 kicker 15's or something @ 2 ohms)???

Comment

is it 250watts to one sub or 2, if its to one sub yeah 250watts if loud, clipping is when the signal to amp get to saturated, no you dont have to deal with clipping as long you u dont put the gain and bass boost up all the way, u should put ur radio on to the volume you usually listen to it then start to raise the gain a little and the bass boost a little and then adjust it to where you like it

Comment

yea. its one. I got 4 guage wiring kit and i think a 12' P2 sub i good for my car. A smaller hatch back (2008 sx4). Will it bump good?? And I think im gonna go with a ported box. Is that a good choice??? Is there anything else i should request from the installers?!?!

Comment

a ported box will make it louder, it will extend the low frequencies, it will bump but if you dont like the way it sounds and want it to hit harder you will need to get a more powerful amp but i think u will like it, you dont need anything else, you dont want to go crazy like me, i have spent so much money. everytime i did something to make it sound better i wanted to do something else to make it sound even better until i got to where i am at now. I fiber glassed and foamed the inside of my doors for better mid-bass, i put mid-ranges in the kick panel,changed the tweeter angle for better imaging, i have 2 rear fill speakers in the back and i have a custom bandbass box that is attached to the rear deck and is ported into the car so i have no trunk rattle, i got 4 overdrives(they increase the voltage in the rcas so i dont have to gain up or turn up the bass boost on the amps, they r on the lowest setting so i have no distortion), i had custom rcas made, i have a 5 farad cap to clean up the ripple in the dc signal. i had custom subs that the guy had made just for my band bass box and 3 kenwood excelon amps,and a eq

Comment

One word: Dynamat.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                One word: Dynamat.

worddddddddd. i used to have one insane audio system.

2-10" JL Audio W7 ProWedge, JL Audio XR Components 5 1/4 in front and 6 1/2 in rear, Kenwood DDX6019 Headunit, JL Audio 1000/1 Monoblock Amplifier, JL Audio 4 gauge Wiring Kit, Stinger Pro Audio 0 Gauge Wire, Oxygen Audio 3 Farad cap, Optima YellowTop Battery.

Addicted

Comment

i wouldnt buy dynamat, it wont stop trunk rattle, dynamat is great for road noise thats about it

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');