• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better xBox 360 or ps3 (poll)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better xBox 360 or ps3 (poll)?

HI all,

Well I like both the 360 and PS3, but I have to say 360 is better, no offense PS3 fanboys but I say it betters. Here are some reasons:
    1. More funner games
    2. Online is better and doesn't lag alot
    3. The controller is more comfortable
    4. It's always win in a multiplatform game
    5. It has better graphics than PS3 in some games (Madden)
    6. 360 is having the natal, while ps3 stoles ideas from wii with their so called playstation wand, which acts like a wii controller.
    7. It's more easier to get online for 360
    8. Cheaper than PS3
    9. More cooler layout than the PS3
    10. Has better exclusives (sorry PS3 fanboys)
    So I would have to say the PS3 is better in my opinion.

Re: Which is better xBox 360 or ps3 (poll)?

Lame. This is a detailing site.
    Marc
    First Impressions Detailing
    2019 Audi S5 Sportback - Riviera Blue
    2018 Audi RS5 - Glacier White Metallic

Comment

Needs to be moved to the Break Room forum.

Could also use a real poll option as well
      1999 Ford Contour SVT
      Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
      1966/2760

Comment

Hoo boy! Some of the most heated threads on any forum involve gaming platforms, it's how the term "fanboy" got started. People are always going to post in favor of the platform they own rather than making fair or rational comparisons. Unless you own both platforms, a fair and impartial evaluation of the two will be unlikely to materialize. Threads like this can quickly devolve into a flame war. Keep an eye out, mods!

Comment

I, luckily, got a chance to test the PS3 about three months before it came out at Digital Life New York at the Jacob Javits center in Manhattan. I wasn't too impressed by it then and I'm not too impressed by it now. Its not a bad system, it just didn't live up to the hype that it got. Just like the Edsel! (bring it back to cars.)

That being said, I used to love the 360. I used to play Halo with MLG players and win! Unfortunately, I haven't played it in a few months as my life has kept me extremely busy. Definitely Xbox>PS3.
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
            Hoo boy! Some of the most heated threads on any forum involve gaming platforms, it's how the term "fanboy" got started. People are always going to post in favor of the platform they own rather than making fair or rational comparisons. Unless you own both platforms, a fair and impartial evaluation of the two will be unlikely to materialize. Threads like this can quickly devolve into a flame war. Keep an eye out, mods!
            I own both and could live without the XBox 360

XBox:
            • Can be used as a media center extender (which I am)
            • Games can be copied....or so I've been told....
            • Doesn't upscale DVD's
            • No Blu-Ray option
            • No GT5.....if they ever complete it
            • The overall style of the unit is a bit ugly

PS3
            • Plays Blu-Ray
            • GT5......maybe
            • Looks cool
            • I've downloaded so many demo's I haven't even bought a game yet (purchased a first gen....)
            • Built in wireless (might be an option on XBox, mine doesn't)
            • Cannot be used as a media center extender or Netflix unit

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
              [*]Cannot be used as a media center extender or Netflix unit[/LIST]
              You can stream video and music through the PS3 via Windows Media Player 11. I stream all movies from my pc to my PS3 wirelessly. Don't need Windows Media Center to do this. Turn on your PS3, open WMP on your pc, click the down arrow under Library and choose Media Sharing. Click Share my media. Once that is done you will be able to see an unidentified resource (your PS3), you must click Allow below that so that WMP will share with it. Then, go back to your PS3 and go under Video and you should see your PC that you are sharing from. You can navigate through whatever is shared through WMP. You may have to add shared folders into WMP so that the PS3 can see them. If you have questions PM me. I'll be more than happy to help anyone set this up.

~Marc
              Marc
              First Impressions Detailing
              2019 Audi S5 Sportback - Riviera Blue
              2018 Audi RS5 - Glacier White Metallic

Comment

I have a semi used ps3 , If anyone is interested
                Sudzontherun serving all of the Tri-state Area

Comment

360 owns!
                  -James
                  2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

I detailed my ex-roommate's PS3- does that count?

Yes, I have a history of detailing stuff that I probably shouldn't. Gaming consoles, laptops, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, kitchen sinks, lacquer furniture...

2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                    2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Pong! Showing my age.

Comment

PC > All

Always has been that way, always will! Seriously though, my buddy got his PS3 for nothing more than a Blueray player. Doesn't own a single game for the thing, and doesn't intend to (insurance for his house paid for it as a replacement for his PS2 from a flood).

After playing both PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360, I honestly have to say that now all the good games are out on the 360 and Wii. Do not underestimate the Wii's fun factor, but for hard core gamers, the 360 is providing all the games to thrill your senses. Sony screwed themselves somehow, somewhere. The hardware on the PS3 is simply astonishingly good, but right now there are no games that use that (mainly because they are dual releases, made mainly for the 360).

Don't take me as an xBox fanboy either, because I don't even own one of the systems (read: PC), and use to be a Playstation fan up until the PS3 released. Just a major turn off, and I will keep working that Ps2 out until I start using emulators on my PC for PS games.

Comment

Ps3

Comment

PS3 all the way
                            Ganesa,
                            Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

PS3. If anything, Prolouge is good enough to tide you over till the full blown GT5 comes out. The graphics are amazing, the Blu-Ray player is nice. It does run hot easily, but in turn it makes a good space heater for those winter months. But I have the First Gen 60 gig, which IMO was the best one since you could play PS2 games on it. But the top system ever to be made is the PS2. Still being sold new after close to 10 years on the market and game still coming out for it.
                              -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');