• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tinting the windows... some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tinting the windows... some questions

What are your tint laws? Are you willing to accept the consequences? I just ask ahead of time because quite surprisingly, most people never think about the above when they do things like this. Anyways, between 2.5% and 5%, you are not even going to be able to tell a difference between the two. Anything 5% and below is essentially black. Even 35% is enough to darken the windows enough to make something like your pinstripe stand out more. I think that of the choices, it is just going to be up to you how much darker than 35% you would want to go. Remember as well, windows have a light tint to them from the factory, so any "%" you go with, will be a tad darker than what you are actually getting.

Comment

Originally posted by laurenjade View Post
      So i have an '08 black civic with a pink pin stripe, and i cant decide between 5% or 2.5%...i want something that will make that pin stripe stand out more.
      I have 23% on the back windshield, and 35% on the doors.
      23%:

35%:

I will tell you that 5% is REALLY dark. Sometimes I have trouble backing up in my car.
      -James
      2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

If you are going to try and tint windows yourself, do some looking around on Youtube...There are alot of good vids there that will give you the basics, much better than trying to read about it..and of course, may the Force be with you..

Comment

i used to have tints...i had 5 % on top of 35 % (i originally had put on 35) and then decided i wanted darker, and the tint shop decided to just put the 5 i wanted on top of the existing 35%...it was pitch black..i might as well have had painted the windows black..idk why i did it..whenever i did get pulled over, i rolled all the windows down (including the rear windows) not to hide it from the officer, but so he could see what and who was inside my car...anyway that was a long time ago...i dont like having tints so much anymore..ive grown away from it..it was always a pain in the *** to look at my side mirrors at night with the windows closed..the only really good thing i liked about it was people's light wouldnt bother me from behind...but i was probably just too picky with cars when i was young..personally, i "LOVE" the look of crystal clear glass, in most cases i think it looks better than a tinted glass
          Addicted

Comment

Am I the only one here who doesn't like tint? My car had it when I bought it (used) and the next day I went to a local shop and had them remove all the tint. In my eyes, tint make the cars appear dirty, or darker than they should be. Some black cars with really dark tint are nice, but most others I don't really dig....then again, I'm not big on car mods as a whole, I like 'em simple and clean.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
              Am I the only one here who doesn't like tint? My car had it when I bought it (used) and the next day I went to a local shop and had them remove all the tint. In my eyes, tint make the cars appear dirty, or darker than they should be. Some black cars with really dark tint are nice, but most others I don't really dig....then again, I'm not big on car mods as a whole, I like 'em simple and clean.

well i cant stay that i dont like tint..as i used to have it..and its not really that i dont like it anymore, i just dont want it..the vehicle i drive now has a really nice interior with suede/leather seats and really nice red stichings in them, and it makes the car look really good when you see it through the glass..for some reason i felt as if the window tint really made the car very bold and plain, since you couldnt see the significant details of the interior..but if i ever got tint again it would be a 35%, nothing darker than that...but i dont see that happening...i love crystal clear glass thanks to D120
              Addicted

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');