• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing my mind- software to align audio/video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my mind- software to align audio/video?

So you guys know those videos I was supposed to be posting? Well I have been trying to work on them for days on end but the camera decided to somehow jarble the opening few seconds of most clips PLUS throw the time alignment off from the audio and video by random amounts of sizable consideration.

I have Adobe Premier Pro CS4 and Corel VidioStudio X2, but neither work well at all for trying to split A/V and then play it back to see if they are aligned.

Does anyone have any tips for making my life easier before I sprout my first gray hairs?

Re: Losing my mind- software to align audio/video?

What is the file format you are working with? I take it that it is an .avi file.

I find Adobe Premier sufficient in aligning or repairing out-of-sync segements of a video. If you import your .avi into Premier, the audio (usually an MP3 format) will be separated from the video (the MPEG). You can cut audio or video into segments and drag them on the timeline to eliminate sections that are out of sync. Let me know if that works for you.

Comment

It is MP4 format from a Sony Webbie. It's a cheap little "HD" video camera. I did notice though that there is a corresponding THM file for each MP4 file- would that somehow address the alignment of the data? How do I get it to use that as well if that is the case?

I know you can separate them in Premiere, but the problem is that when you try and watch the preview it is so jumpy from it trying to render everything that you can't tell if it aligned it up or not.

My computer is no slouch, either. i7 Processor, 4 gigs of insanely fast ram, fastest hard drive possible without going SSD, etc

This is just driving me crazy.

Comment

I see what you mean now.

If you haven't seen this already, I found a link on google that may quickly solve your problem.

The problem with MP4 is that it isn't a container that contains two separable files that can be toggled easily.

Comment

Thanks!

Time to give that a try...although I will admit, the directions alone gave me a headache

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');