• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Hobbies? - gb387 Saltwater Fish/reef for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Other Hobbies? - gb387 Saltwater Fish/reef for me...

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
    That is the hard part of hobbies. It is the initial start up costs. Once you get over that, the hobbies are really not that bad. At least that is what seems to be my problem. lol.
    Saltwater fish/corals/the stuff can get expensive as well but we seem to have a good base of people here in Des Monies and trading/buying from each other is common and makes it much more affordable you just have to be patient and in time what you are looking for will turn up.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      Saltwater fish/corals/the stuff can get expensive as well but we seem to have a good base of people here in Des Monies and trading/buying from each other is common and makes it much more affordable you just have to be patient and in time what you are looking for will turn up.
      Reef Central is great if you have'nt already heard.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        That is the hard part of hobbies. It is the initial start up costs. Once you get over that, the hobbies are really not that bad. At least that is what seems to be my problem. lol.
        That is true, when I got my first wave of reloading stuff, I went out to price out stuff that was too old to use or had missing stuff and thought, man this is expensive!

Then my dad found a ton more stuff! I need to clean it up and start reloading after building a safe reloading bench
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by sstg View Post
          Reef Central is great if you have'nt already heard.
          I am a member but I stick with the local forums, I just find it easier .
          Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
            I am a member but I stick with the local forums, I just find it easier .
            Ya me too.If I can answer any Questions shoot me a PM.Seth

Comment

Great stuff you guys! I absolutely love salt water aquariums, though there is a lot of work involved I am sure. I dabbled in fresh water aquariums for awhile. Matt great trains! I don't see the pitt-ohio building though!!!!!

Andy
              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

My buddy dabbled in nano reefs for a bit- neat stuff. I wanted to get one for a mantis shrimp for a while. Still might some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
                  Matt great trains! I don't see the pitt-ohio building though!!!!!
                  Andy
                  Dont worry.... we still put out some dumpsters to represent Philly
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I love making pictures on MS Paint, I don't know if it's a hobby or not, I basically just do this at work when I'm bored. Here are a few I've made...

Go Irish!

Go Cardinals!!!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Those are good.... lots of work gets done i can tell....
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's incredible you made all those pictures in an archaic program like MS Paint?

Sure puts me to shame with pictures like this done in MS Paint...

LOL
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That isn't all that easy on MS paint... tried it before.
                          Brandon

Comment

This is what I do to pass the time during the winter months. This is HO scale (1/87) and started out as raw gray plastic. To give you a size reference, the overall length is about 9" and the handrail diamater is 0.012". Man, talk about needing the two bucket wash!

Comment

That is cool. I may have to get my train set out now. Really nice work on the MS Paintings.
                              Alex
                              1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                              1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

I guess my hobby used to be offroading but now that my truck is somewhere else that I dont know, I have been modifying my Prius for more fuel efficiency. Right now I'm working on a design for a complete belly pan made of aluminum as well as moon disks and lowering springs to close the wheel gaps and streamline it more. So far my best tank while using some mild hypermiling techniques coming home at 1AM was 78mpg

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');