• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refrigerators - can you lay them down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerators - can you lay them down?

I am going to transport a refrigerator 200 miles or so. I am trying to find an enclosed trailer tall enough to fit the refrigerator standing up but I am having a hard time finding one to rent so... can you lay them down and not cause any damage?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I have always heard you shouldn't, but if this is/was true, then it may have only applied to older technology?

I would think a phone call to an appliance store and speaking with a knowledgeable salesperson would get you a good answer.

Better yet, locate and call an appliance repair business, they should be able to set the record straight.

(One of the reasons I have always owned a truck, the ability to haul things like washers, dryers, fridges and big block Chevy's )

Let us know what you find out...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am going to call Whirlpool Tuesday when they open... wasn't sure if anyone had done it before.

ok a little off the subject...

(One of the reasons I have always owned a truck, the ability to haul things like washers, dryers, fridges and big block Chevy's )
      I think I will always have a truck around they are very handy.... in this case I am not big on loading the refrigerator in the back of the Lightning, one its too high, two it seems to easy to scratch or ding the truck so I would rather rent a trailer and prevent any headaches.

I know, I know, Yeah... I say its handy to have a truck and I won't even use it like a truck! This is my second truck that I won't use as a truck. I am VERY picky about the L and I get **** from everyone about it.

Ok this is how bad I am... If I use my tie down hooks in the bed of the truck, I will only use tie down straps with rubber coated hooks to prevent the paint from chipping off the hooks in the bed of the truck. I am not the only one like this... am I?
      Last edited by gb387; Sep 5, 2004, 08:37 PM.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        Ok this is how bad I am... If I use my tie down hooks in the bed of the truck, I will only use tie down straps with rubber coated hooks to prevent the paint from chipping off the hooks in the bed of the truck. I am not the only one like this... am I?
        All of my trucks have been more of the type that it's okay to haul gravel in them then probably your truck.

I had a monster 4-wheel drive truck for about 9 years, it had 44" tall monster mudders on it. It also had a suspension lift, a suspension to frame lift, and a body lift, and yes... I used it multiple times to move including hoisting the washer, dryer and fridge into the bed, (it was a good work-out for your arms).

I miss that truck...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by gb387

I am not the only one like this... am I?
          no your not, I'm just as bad. I use it for what its made for, but I'm a nervous wreck when I do.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

You can lay a refrigerator down, you just need to let it sit upright for ( I think ) something like 4 hours before you plug it in.

There's something about letting the oils settle back into the compressor. You don't want it to start up dry.
            Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
            08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
            98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
            82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');