• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TERRY CLOTH Vs. CHAMOIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the water magnets, but I have done the "Get up to sixty/slam on ABS-EBD brakes" trick before with some success after it's rained.

About the squeegee/wiper blades, are they likely to scratch the paintwork?
    Gil A. Castillo

Comment

I also use the water magnets. They work great and are soft on the finish. I can practically use just one water magnet on my entire Honda Accord!

Comment

i love the water magnets!

Comment

I voted for the water magnet, since I picked it up 2 months ago it is all I use except that I think I need two, towards the end of drying my car the wm has too much water in it(even if I wring it out) I have 2002 impala, not small car but not a big car either and I do take the nozzle off and let the water run off to take time of drying but still end up using an old terry towel to get the car completely dry, might try using some quick detalier next time to see if that helps...

Comment

meguiars water magnet and the california water blade
            ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

Anybody has any experience to compare the Super Suede Drying Cloth and the Water Magnet...?

Which is better?

Mike, which would you prefer, or what do you use?

Comment

I prefer my Super Suede Drying Cloth (chamois) to my Water Magnet, but thats just me. Maybe I just dont know how to use the water magnet properly.
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
                  I prefer my Super Suede Drying Cloth (chamois) to my Water Magnet, but thats just me. Maybe I just dont know how to use the water magnet properly.
                  I have the SS chamois too, but I haven't tried it yet.

That was a nice video you made about how to use it.
                  r. b.

Comment

Got my new truck a week and ahalf ago, detailed it this past weekend, and used my first Meguiars water magnet WW towel....and wow, the thing is amazing and better than any chamois i've used in the past.

Pics/thread to come.

Comment

I use a combination of squeegee, wm, and microfiber. I use the squeegee on large flat surfaces with the water magnet reserved for getting into curves or crevices. As the water magnet starts to get too wet I use the microfiber to clean up the water trails it leaves behind. I then go over any visible water spots with the wet water magnet with the micro to dry. It works really well but I`ve never used a chamois or anything else so I have nothing to compare it to.
                      1986 4Runner 4wd
                      almost 200k miles
                      the legacy lives on

Comment

Electriv leaf blower for me.
                        /Keith
                        2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

I use a couple micro fiber towels.
                          Allthough I have been known to drive really fast to dry the car, It's a helluva lot more fun!
                          I've always been crazy...
                          It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

I've pretty much always used california water blade followed by regular ol' soft bath towels. It's been pretty reliable for me.

I'm looking to try some new methods though, compressed air for the nooks and crannies (water runs are a pain) along with "the flooding method" for that initial drying. And in addition I'll probably pick up a water magnet to give it a try. I've tried water absorber clothes, never liked them much at all.

Comment

Ive not read all of this, but I find it really funny that you put drive really fast to dry the car. IVE DONE THAT BEFORE!! After I wash it in the driveway ill drive as fast as I can and come back and touch up any spots that are left. Very bad practice but sometimes Im really lazy.

Oh, when i dont do that I use a WW MF towel, love those things.

Do people really use leaf blowers?
                              Last edited by Jeepster04; Jul 30, 2006, 08:14 PM.
                              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

water magnet here, have only used it since July, but the experience has been GREAT! I have used absorbers and chamois, but I will never go back.

Also, I have heard that driving to dry a car only puts more dirt on the car, so if you have any paint polishing to do, you could push around surface contaniments, scratching the car. I admit that I did it coming back from the swirly machine car wash bays I used to use...yeah, thats embarrassing, I am elightened now though!
                                04 TL Silver
                                04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');