• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking in vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking in vehicles

I was just curious to people on the forum smoking in vehicles. I personally do not smoke in my truck. Because I don't like ashes all over. But I know some people that smoke in brand new vehicles ! Just curious to what your opinions are. Thanks !
    Yes
    12.90%
    No
    87.10%

Re: Smoking in vehicles

What people do in their own cars is their own business, but i would never, ever allow anyone to smoke in my car, even with all the windows down.

Comment

I once ended a date early because the girl wanted to spark one up in my car. I said no, she said, "take me home". I gladly complied and saved myself a sour smoke smelling interior and the cost of a dinner.

And this was 20 years ago before, long before I got into my current detailing obsession!

Comment

I don't smoke, but most of my friends do. Besides the smell, It get's ash all over the inside of my cars and dirty's up the headliner. No one smokes in my car.
        Drinkin' the Meguiars Kool-Aid

Comment

I don't smoke and do not allow smoking in either my vehicles or my house.

Comment

no smoking or eating allowed in my cars ! only drinking allowed from Camelbak cycle bottles !

Comment

And, for what it's worth, remember you'll have to sell or trade the car someday. NO WAY would I touch a car that had ever been smoked in.
              2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
              2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
              2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

No smoking in my cars,I gave up that habit years ago!

Comment

I don't even let people smoke on my property. I threw away all the ash trays....
                  Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by DAC17 View Post
                    And, for what it's worth, remember you'll have to sell or trade the car someday. NO WAY would I touch a car that had ever been smoked in.
                    I made the mistake of buying a car that was smoked in once. Got most of the smell out, but a little bit always returned when it cooked in the sun with the windows closed. I'll never make that mistake again. The last time I bought a car, I passed up on about 5-6 cars that I was considering only because they smelled horrible inside.

Comment

I detail this vehicle that has ashes all over the interior of it. From the dash to the back ov the vehicle. You name it it's on it. I have to even vacuum the dash of the vehicle before I clean it.
                      Don't get caught riding dirty!

Comment

No way, talk about killing the resale value of your cars.

Comment

My old (used) truck finally lost the cigarette smell after 2 plus years of owning it. My brand new car will never see smoke.

Cigarette smell is like beach sand, you can never get rid of it.
                          2012 VW GLI

Comment

I have never allowed smoking in any of my cars.....once i had a co working who was a chain smoker sit in my car, I could "smell" his BO for days and he didn't even smoke in my car!
                            "STRIFE" aka Phil
                            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');