• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy on Wash Brushes From Overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy on Wash Brushes From Overseas?

I'm in need of a new telescopic handle for my wide body brushes. There are plenty to be found overseas, but shipping for 1 or 2 brushes doesn't make sense. However, shipping split 5-10 ways would

If we could get enough people interested in ordering some brushes, I would order them (from the UK most likely) and ship them in the US. Total cost would be:

cost of brush(es) + international shipping/# people + actual US shipping cost to your door.

With 10 people, international shipping would be in the $5-$7 range. Can't imagine it would cost more than $10 to ship a brush or 2 in the US.

Please respond w/ interest!
    1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Re: Group Buy on Wash Brushes From Overseas?

Boy you caught me at a bad payday (car payments AND interest, sheesh, need groceries too).

Worthy of a bump.

I talked to a UK Meguiar's rep about the brushes and thought of going that route but never did.....

I'm on my last brushes, the wheel face brush and have the slide lock and a hair brush gizmo for carpets.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Did you try Big Lots?

Comment

Wouldn't a place like Lowe's or Home Depot or a home improvement store carry telescopic handles?

Here's an option from Autogeek: Telescopic Handle.

Cost: $14.99
        S&H: $6.95 (click on Shipping tab on bottom of page for shipping info)
        Total: $21.94

Hope this helps!
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

All Big Lots near me have been wiped clean for well over a year.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
            Wouldn't a place like Lowe's or Home Depot or a home improvement store carry telescopic handles?
            Good thought, but the Meguiars Versa Angle brushes had a special way of attaching like the photo shown below. They did not use the standard threaded handles like the ones you are thinking of.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
              Good thought, but the Meguiars Versa Angle brushes had a special way of attaching like the photo shown below. They did not use the standard threaded handles like the ones you are thinking of.

If only it were that easy....I've been contemplating ways to fab up an ordinary telescopic handle, and have a way in mind, but I would much rather prefer the strength and piece of mind of an OEM handle.
              Last edited by mike_svt; Mar 1, 2010, 04:31 PM. Reason: typo
              1999 Ford Contour SVT
              1966/2760

Comment

If I understand this right. We would all chip in for the overseas shipping. No problem.

Then whoever is receiving the shipment has to break it down for the individuals and pack the items. Then a second shipping charge would be added.

I have to ask, Would all of this be really worth it?
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

why go through all that when bi-level boars hair wash brushes(though more expensive) are far superior?
                  I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    If I understand this right. We would all chip in for the overseas shipping. No problem.

Then whoever is receiving the shipment has to break it down for the individuals and pack the items. Then a second shipping charge would be added.

I have to ask, Would all of this be really worth it?
                    1. Correct on the shipping/distribution.

2. Depends on how much you want the brushes I use mine on the roof of my Jeep, which requires a step ladder otherwise.
                    1999 Ford Contour SVT
                    1966/2760

Comment

Originally posted by gbackus View Post
                      why go through all that when bi-level boars hair wash brushes(though more expensive) are far superior?
                      I've looked into that. Most brushes + telescopic handles run $70+ dollars. I have 3 brand new wide body brushes that are essentially useless to me w/out the telescopic handle.

My first brush lasted 3 years, so I have 10+ years of brushes sitting around w/ no handle to use on them.
                      1999 Ford Contour SVT
                      1966/2760

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');