• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint Canon Powershot A620 (7.1 MP!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint Canon Powershot A620 (7.1 MP!)

I'm replacing this camera with another Canon, this time a DSLR for work purposes. This camera has been great to me and I've kept it in great condition. There are light scuff marks on the grip, and in one tiny 1x1cm square section on the body, next to the 2.0" LCD. Overall, it's 9.5/10 condition-wise.

This camera takes AA batteries which enable you to switch out the batteries for fresh ones whenever you like. Nevertheless, it has great battery life at approximately 500 shots with the LCD on, and 1500 with it off.

It takes SD memory cards which is great because they're convenient (a lot of 3rd-party support for this format) and they're very inexpensive. It does not however support SDHC.

I am asking $180. It would make a great Christmas gift and it includes the original box and everything that came with it.

For more detailed info, please read the following review:

In August 2005 Canon announced two new A series digital cameras, the five megapixel A610 and seven megapixel A620 on test here. Both cameras replace the long-running, and very popular A95, and join the A520 as affordable, well-specified compacts for the enthusiast user on a budget. The A620 certainly looks promising on paper; newly kitted out with the fast DIGIC II processor and a 2.0-inch vari-angle LCD, it has a wealth of shooting options and 4x optical zoom.
    We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Re: Mint Canon Powershot A620 (7.1 MP!)

Same camera I have, love it! Only problem with mine is it fell off of a second story balcony onto pavement....just won't record sound now, lol! Tough little camera!

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
      Same camera I have, love it! Only problem with mine is it fell off of a second story balcony onto pavement....just won't record sound now, lol! Tough little camera!
      Yeah, it's been a great camera for me. It has excellent build quality. I just need inter-changeable lenses now.

Comment

DANG it! I JUST bought and recieved my Canon A590 TODAY.

I would have totally grabbed this...

Can you hold it for 24 hours for me while I check the return policy on mine?

If not, I totally understand.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
          DANG it! I JUST bought and recieved my Canon A590 TODAY.

I would have totally grabbed this...

Can you hold it for 24 hours for me while I check the return policy on mine?

If not, I totally understand.

Mark
          Yeah, sure Mark no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
            Yeah, sure Mark no problem.
            Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know by tomorrow after I call and verify.

Comment

Looks like I am stuck with the camera...I ordered it online and they won't let me return it since there is nothing wrong with it.

Sorry for the hassle Tyler, and good luck!

(Sending a PM too)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                Looks like I am stuck with the camera...I ordered it online and they won't let me return it since there is nothing wrong with it.

Sorry for the hassle Tyler, and good luck!

(Sending a PM too)
                No problem, Mark. Just means there's an excellent camera for someone else on MOL.

Here are some shots I took with the camera after I first got it in Vancouver, BC.

Comment

Comment

Here are some detailed photos of the actual camera I took a few days ago:

The only significant wear is on the battery lid. I have taken shots from two different angles to show the extent of it.

Comment

Oh, you can do some lighter end HDR with this too. I messed around with mine yesterday since I'm couped up inside sick as a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                        Oh, you can do some lighter end HDR with this too. I messed around with mine yesterday since I'm couped up inside sick as a dog.
                        I've never done that, but I googled "HDR" and the results are pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');