• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSU Research HT Subwoofer for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSU Research HT Subwoofer for sale...

Ive owned this unit for about 1.5-2 years, and never had any problems with it. Used exclusively for movies(no music), in a smoke free home. Has also been cleaned regularly. I have all original packaging, and will be boxed up/shipped with the original packing.

500 watts of power
    12" woofer
    2-4" ports

This baby will rumble your house! Gets down to about 12hz in my room! For more info, please go to the manufactures website http://hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3-ho.html

I am willing to break these two item up, and sell them seperately, but the Turbo must go first.

Original price was $999 + shipping

My price is
    HO w/Turbo $729 + shipping OBO
    HO by itself $700 + shipping OBO
    Turbo alone $100 + shipping OBO

Note, these prices are OR BEST OFFER. So if you do not agree with my asking price, please feel free to make me an offer.

Located in the Dallas Texas area

Thanks,
    Nick
    214-205-1287
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: HSU Research HT Subwoofer for sale...

Darn it Nick, now you are REALLY toying with my emotions and my checkbook. That is my DREAM subwoofer!

Hsu makes the best "bang for the buck" drivers out there IMO (I'm a bit of a home theatre nut, if you can't tell) and I currently have the Hsu Research VTF2-MK2 and love that thing...but I always wanted the big, bad turbo!

I wish I had the money for that right now, sure would be fun. That subwoofer will put anything sold in any national stores to shame guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
      Darn it Nick, now you are REALLY toying with my emotions and my checkbook. That is my DREAM subwoofer!

Hsu makes the best "bang for the buck" drivers out there IMO (I'm a bit of a home theatre nut, if you can't tell) and I currently have the Hsu Research VTF2-MK2 and love that thing...but I always wanted the big, bad turbo!

I wish I had the money for that right now, sure would be fun. That subwoofer will put anything sold in any national stores to shame guaranteed.
      It certainly seems like there are a lot of audiophiles here at MOL! Myself included.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post

It can be yours

This really is an awesome sub. The quality of bass is outstanding for the $$$ involved. Anyone who buys this will be completely blown away!

Comment

The Turbo has been sold.
          The HO subwoofer is still for sale at $700 plus shipping

Nick

Comment

Everything is now sold!

For the first time in years, I am sub-less I almost cried when the new owner drove away with it

Comment

I'm glad you got it sold, but I know what a bummer it must be. That's one heck of a subwoofer system.

What do you have planned as a replacement? The new 15?

Comment

Nick,

Have you looked at the SVS now called SVSound? My personal opinion is that SVS and HSU make the best subwoofers and at a 3rd of the price of anything comparable.

I live near HSU and have visited their Demo Rooms. Totally awesome.

Mike
                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                  Nick,

Have you looked at the SVS now called SVSound? My personal opinion is that SVS and HSU make the best subwoofers and at a 3rd of the price of anything comparable.

I live near HSU and have visited their Demo Rooms. Totally awesome.

Mike

Yeah, I went out there last time I was in Cali(for the Batmobile). Demo'd their new 15, but it just didn't blow me away.
                  My next sub is going to be everything that I've always wanted. I don't know how much you guys are into HT gear, but Mark Seaton is custom building my next sub. Having mark build you a sub is the equivelent of having Chip Foose build you a car. He is the best of the best when it comes to subs.
                  Spces on the new sub are:
                  2 15" drivers
                  sealed enclosure
                  1000 watt RMS ICEpowered amp

We're figuring it to get down to about 8hz in my room

I talked to Mark 2 days ago, and he said that my sub should be shipping Friday(yesterday), or first thing Monday morning.

I'm pumped!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                    That's one heck of a subwoofer system.
                    You haven't seen anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                      Yeah, I went out there last time I was in Cali(for the Batmobile). Demo'd their new 15, but it just didn't blow me away.
                      My next sub is going to be everything that I've always wanted. I don't know how much you guys are into HT gear, but Mark Seaton is custom building my next sub. Having mark build you a sub is the equivelent of having Chip Foose build you a car. He is the best of the best when it comes to subs.
                      Spces on the new sub are:
                      2 15" drivers
                      sealed enclosure
                      1000 watt RMS ICEpowered amp

We're figuring it to get down to about 8hz in my room

I talked to Mark 2 days ago, and he said that my sub should be shipping Friday(yesterday), or first thing Monday morning.

I'm pumped!!!
                      8hz I hope you have everything in your HT room (or house) glued down. Did you build a dedicated HT room in your house or use your family room like me?

Which drivers are you using? I haven't followed the threads on AVS like I used to, but it seems to me that it is harder to get a sealed enclosure down to the lower frequencies.

I built my HT around a 65" Mits CRT I bought in 2001. I had a custom TV cabinet built and didn't spec enough room for the size Subwoofer I ended up wanting. Tom V. of SVS walked me through building a Sub that fits perfectly in my TV cabinet. Here is a link to some pics of my HT.

I would like to see some pics of your new sub when you get it. In fact maybe you could start a new thread and post some pics of your HT. I know I wouldn't be the only one interested.

Mike

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                        8hz I hope you have everything in your HT room (or house) glued down. Did you build a dedicated HT room in your house or use your family room like me?

Which drivers are you using? I haven't followed the threads on AVS like I used to, but it seems to me that it is harder to get a sealed enclosure down to the lower frequencies.

I built my HT around a 65" Mits CRT I bought in 2001. I had a custom TV cabinet built and didn't spec enough room for the size Subwoofer I ended up wanting. Tom V. of SVS walked me through building a Sub that fits perfectly in my TV cabinet. Here is a link to some pics of my HT.

I would like to see some pics of your new sub when you get it. In fact maybe you could start a new thread and post some pics of your HT. I know I wouldn't be the only one interested.

Mike
                        Wow! You did an awesome job on that set up! I wish I had time to do everything I wanted to do. I have the tools and knowledge to get it done, just no time.

I have full faith in Mark being able to meet my needs. Our goal was simple, build a sub to fill my 6000cuft room, but also something that would absolutely blow the doors off of my dedicated room. I think he is going to meet that goal, and probably surpass it by a great deal

Comment

Thank you Nick. Please follow up with pictures of that bad boy.

George Carlin

Comment

:Napolean voice: LUUUUUCCCKYYY!!!!!

We will of course want pics once she arrives!

Comment

And fully detailed....
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');