• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Label - Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Label - Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Green Label - Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

We think this was the first version of the Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner Label. We have an older catalog with this bottle pictured in it, we'll to locate it and scan it for this thread.

Enjoy!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Green Label - Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Cool!

You have all the cool bottles!
    Scott

Comment

Ok, but can you explain what the large cap on the bottle was for?
      Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

The thing on top is more like a cover; it slips over the top and covers up the cap. It pops off and reveals the standard Meguiar's cap.

It's just a dress up thing.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

The picture looks like a complete home interior makeover. The bath and kitchen cleaner, the furniture polsh. You have a very cool collection Mike.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is this stuff like? I just picked up 2 bottles (for one heck of a deal btw from my local paint place.) Any tips on how to use it?

I tried searching, but i couldnt find anything else. If this in the wrong place, please delete this and ill open another thread.

Comment

Here's a really good link that discusses MPPC:

Chris
              Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I noticed the Trigger Wash too! The original quick detail spray. I have been using QDs compulsively ever since!

IMHO the MPPC is one of the best hand applied paint cleaners around. Period. It also works very well with the PC.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Mike,
                  I’m not trying to be a smart aleck in any way, but you always say "we think" when talking about old products and their place in history. Does Meguiar’s not have detailed and accurate information on all their product history? Just curious.

Comment

BTW, I always enjoy reading about and seeing these old products you come up with. I really appreciate you sharing this stuff.

Comment

[quote=smokinfastlegend;194685]Just out of curiosity, what is this stuff like? I just picked up 2 bottles (for one heck of a deal btw from my local paint place.) Any tips on how to use it?

I tried searching, but i couldnt find anything else. If this in the wrong place, please delete this and ill open another thread.

Smokingfastledgend, in regards to this question, look at my response here.....

Comment

One thing that always puzzled me about the Medallion line; why was MPPP's label red, and MPPC's label green? I would have expected the cleaner label to be red (as in, "DANGER! REMOVES PAINT!") and the protection label to be green (as in, SAFE).

MPPC is really great at removing oxidized single stage paint. I work on a lot of Miatas, and I've found very little that works as well by hand as MPPC.
                        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Im glad I was able to stock up on a bunch, I have 6 bottles now, the stuff comes in handy at times, thats for sure!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
                            One thing that always puzzled me
                            Hi Tom,

Long time no see post... good to see you're still alive and kicking.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                              Hi Tom,

Long time no see post... good to see you're still alive and kicking.

Heyas, Mike! Gotcher email... I'll be answering it, just wanted to come around the ol' forum and see how things are goin'!

MPPC is still a "go to" product for me for my personal cars... I don't have enough of it left for detail days.
                              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');