• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQD before or after wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQD before or after wax?

Just like the title suggests, I see a lot of people saying that UQD can be used after a wax to enhance the shine a little, but on the bottle it says "in-between wash and wax".

I just got the UQD last week and applied it immediately after I waxed it, is that the right order? or does it not matter?

Re: UQD before or after wax?

I use it after I apply 2 thin coats of NXT 2.0
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

I use it for droppings or other smudges, not for the whole car.

Ymmv

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitskarl View Post

I just got the UQD last week and applied it immediately after I waxed it, is that the right order? or does it not matter?

Seems unnecessary as you describe

Comment

Use UQD to remove LIGHT fingerprints, dust etc and/or to boost shine and protection between traditional waxing. i.e. after washing the car.

You can use it immediately after waxing, but not necessary...
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Just to preface- I think UQD is an amazing product, and is my 2nd or 3rd favorite detailing product. That said-

I think it's absolutely useless, if not counter-productive to apply it immediately after a fresh wax. My reasoning:

1. Even though UQD will boost your wax protection, the physical action of applying it (i.e. applying it, then wiping it off) will do more harm than good to the fresh wax. I may be completely off base here, but it makes sense, doesn't it? Your wax should be at its peak level of effectiveness I would imagine your just wasting product, if your aim is to boost protection. I would cede that if you're using what could be considered an "inferior" wax or a pure carnauba wax, perhaps it would benefit from UQD's more modern/hi-tech properties.

2. You have prepped your car for waxing. At the very least you have washed it, if not washed, clayed, and polished. But again, you've at least washed it. So why in the world would you need a spritz of UQD? The paint should be clean!

Now- if a bird decides to use your paint as its droppings final resting place, or a friend decides to put his hands on the car ("To feel how slick it it is, bro!", and it just so happens to occur after a fresh waxing, then by all means, UQD away. THEN it outweighs degrading that fresh coat.

If you want to apply something right after waxing, why not give Ultimate Quik Wax a shot? Again, I think it would be a waste, since you JUST applied fresh wax, which is going to be sturdier than the spray wax of the UQW, but at least you'd be adding more wax...

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Yeah, just leaving the wax dry for a day or so is usually best.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with the guys above - use UQD between car washes to remove light dust, fingerprints, etc. Synthetic waxes (sealants) fully cure/ bond in 24 hours.

Use UQW after every car wash to increase protection and boost gloss.

You could use M34 Final Inspection before waxing, if you want to clean and prep the surface for protection, it's very neutral and silicone free.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');