• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish and wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish and wax

I'm looking for the best polishing and wax product for a Dove White Pearl car paint. Something that will really clean and remove some surface scratches as well a high gloss wax. Any suggestions?

Re: Polish and wax

Are you working by hand or machine?

I would go with something like this....

1)Wash
    2)Clay w/Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    3)Ultimate Compound
    4)Ultimate Polish
    5)Ultimate Wax

Do a test spot first and see if Ultimate Compound is needed or if Ultimate Polish will give you the results you're looking for.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Yes I'll be doing it by hand. It's a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. The finish is pretty good. It just needs a good cleaning and wax. I'm wondering about the benefit of using a claybar?

Comment

Thats a pretty decent plan there.

The clay bar removes gunk bonded to the surface. A foam pad and paint cleaner will actually just jump over stuff like that.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've got 2 white vehicles, both different shades of GM white. I've used Cleaner Wax by itself, Gold Class Carnauba by itself, NXT 2.0 by itself and with Gold Class Carnauba on top, and M21 with Dodo Juice Carnaubas on top. I think the best shine and glow I've gotten is with NXT 2.0/M21 and a carnauba on top. Awesome shine with the NXT/M21 and the carnauba brings out a glow in white you can't get in a sealant.

First and most important is prep though. Wash, clay, then a polish. I've got some older products that have been discontinued that I've been using but any of the new polishes should work fine. Haven't used Ultimate Polish on paint yet, should work well though. I've found it cleans polished wheels to a bright, slick finish.

If you want an all in one, cleaner wax is fine, but you won't get the longevity of a sealant. My preference is to use a polish first though. If you're willing to put in the work and time, polish, NXT/M21, then a carnauba. Gold Class I think has more warmth than Dodo Juice but I like both for different reasons. You won't get a better value than Gold Class IMO. $70 a container of Dodo Juice, no more than $10 for Gold Class?

The Ultimate Wax can be used just like NXT/M21 as you base or final coat but I haven't tried it yet. You should get excellent longevity out of it, longer than NXT/M21. The carnauba will only last a few weeks at most though.

Comment

Squire

i havent tried the new Ultimate Wax. But the best results i have had on white have been from NXT2.0. Couple of thin coats a few hours apart gives you a stunning gloss and reflection on white, also hides a few light swirls etc. I was also amazed this morning at how the dew just flys off the car even at 30mph.

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');