• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Shine MF linting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Shine MF linting problem

I am having problems with my SS MFs. It won't stop linting. Everytime I am using it on my paint, I feel it's "grabbing" the paint. After the final wipes, I leaves a lot of lints.

How I wash it:
    -Use dye-free and fragrance-free liquid Tide detergent
    -NO fabric softeners
    -Set my washing machine to gentle cycle
    -Wash only with microfibers
    -Use COLD water for both washing and rinsing

How I dry it:
    -NO fabric softeners
    -Set the temperature to LOW
    -Dry only with microfibers

HELP!

Re: Supreme Shine MF linting problem

If you do a search on various forums, you will discover that many people experience linting problems with their microfiber towels, no matter who makes them. It seems to be an almost universal problem, yet some folks never seem to have the problem. Go figure. I have purchased microfiber towels from four different sources, and they have all linted. It doesn't matter how I wash and dry them. If there is a cure for linting, I have yet to come across it. I share your frustration.

FWIW, I have never experienced linting with Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes. It's gotten to the point that I use my Ultimate Wipes almost exclusively when I need to touch my paint, either for polish or wax removal or for quick detailing.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      If you do a search on various forums, you will discover that many people experience linting problems with their microfiber towels, no matter who makes them. It seems to be an almost universal problem, yet some folks never seem to have the problem. Go figure. I have purchased microfiber towels from four different sources, and they have all linted. It doesn't matter how I wash and dry them. If there is a cure for linting, I have yet to come across it. I share your frustration.

FWIW, I have never experienced linting with Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes. It's gotten to the point that I use my Ultimate Wipes almost exclusively when I need to touch my paint, either for polish or wax removal or for quick detailing.
      Thanks! In the future, I will try to get some Ultimate Wipes.

Comment

I don't think that Meguiar's makes a towel cleaning product so my question is: Has anyone had any problems with using 'Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent' and 'Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner' when cleaning their Meguiar's SS MF towels/ Ultra wipe cloths?
        '69 Dodge Charger 'General Lee' (Smith Brothers Restoration)
        '00 White R34 GT-R V-Spec
        '04 Blacked-Out E55 AMG
        '03 Blacked-Out H2 Hummer
        '09 Blacked-Out ML63 AMG... + more

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
          I've started using Ultimates on glass too, but love them for wax removal!! I bought a case when I saw them on sale.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

My Supreme Shine towels never lints, but I have experienced a lot of linting going on from those big, fluffy towels.

Supreme Shine ftw!

Comment

be careful with the hard edges of the Ultimate Wipes ....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');