• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better?? (Wax question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better?? (Wax question)

Hi

#16 or P21S

Thanks
    Dave
    Focus ST170
    Imperial Blue
    Climate Pack & Spoiler (3dr)
    Xenons and more...

www.allfords.net *Forum for all Fords

Hi Dave,

I started a related thread with a poll sometime ago on Autopia you can check out.

M-1611 compared to P21S

Here's the deal, if you apply each wax according to the directions for only one of the waxes, that is if you apply both P21S and #16 according to the directions for P21S, or if you apply both the P21S and the #16 according to the directions for #16, there really isn't much difference in application or removal of the products. Neither really add much richness to darker colors, at least not like Gold Class wax, #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, or NXT, of which these three waxes will bring out the richness and clarity of color more than either P21S or #16 Professional Paste Wax.

Most people I meet prefer their paint to look it's richest especially dark colors like black.

As far as which one lasts the longest, I don't know, you'll have to test them yourself and come up with that answer.

One thing for sure, they are very similar in application, removal and appearance. With #16 Professional Paste Wax you get about twice as much wax for 1/3 the cost plus the wide mouth can makes it easier to spin your wax pad in the can to liquefy the wax onto your pad for easier application. I also like to use the cans for nuts and bolts or other do-dads when they're empty as they are a very nice looking and sturdy can.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So what else is better??

Gold class wax??

Also how much Gold Class shampoo do u need to use??
      The Gold Class lid full???

Dave
      Last edited by dave_st170; Jan 13, 2005, 03:43 PM.
      Focus ST170
      Imperial Blue
      Xenons and more...

Comment

I'm a NXT convert. I was bound and deterimed that #26 was the best, until NXT came out. I find that, with the NXT (two coats) last longer then then everything else (it's polymer) and that it has a beautiful finish. I tried topping NXT with the #26, but for the extra time and effort the results were minimal. (I give a third coat of NXT instead).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips I also like to use the cans for nuts and bolts or other do-dads when they're empty as they are a very nice looking and sturdy can.

Mike
          Mike, you are the only person I know who has finished a can; for most of us, one can will last a lifetime!

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
            Mike, you are the only person I know who has finished a can; for most of us, one can will last a lifetime!

Tom
            That's funny...

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I've got FOUR paste waxes to try out this summer.

P21S I got as a Christmas gift last year from my wife.

The Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax was a free gift I received last summer.

#16 I picked up recently as it was discontinued in Canada. I snatched up one of the last tins I could find and it was fairly inexpensive.

The Pinnacle Souveran I picked up on a boxing day special online, for HALF price. Since my baby is black, I couldn't resist this one, but admittedly I probably wouldn't have bought this stuff at the regular price.

So I've got my work cut out for me this summer wrt to paste waxes. LOL The only other one I might have to add to my collection is the NXT paste version.

Comment

Inzane,

You got some excellent choices there, have fun.
                My Home Page
                2000 Ford Explorer XLT
                Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Comment

So 2 coats NXT should be ok??
                  Prob sound silly but NXT has wax in it yeah??

So dont need #16 or P21S??

Dave
                  Focus ST170
                  Imperial Blue
                  Xenons and more...

Comment

^NXT contains no natural wax, it is a pure synthetic.

I find that while the look is almost identical, #16 is much more durable......in Memphis anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Inzane
                      I've got FOUR paste waxes to try out this summer.

P21S I got as a Christmas gift last year from my wife.

The Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax was a free gift I received last summer.

#16 I picked up recently as it was discontinued in Canada. I snatched up one of the last tins I could find and it was fairly inexpensive.

The Pinnacle Souveran I picked up on a boxing day special online, for HALF price. Since my baby is black, I couldn't resist this one, but admittedly I probably wouldn't have bought this stuff at the regular price.

So I've got my work cut out for me this summer wrt to paste waxes. LOL The only other one I might have to add to my collection is the NXT paste version.
                      I've never tried the Natty's but here are some good comparisons to try on black paint.

Wash your car as normal and dry and then clay if needed, then in you minds eye map out two sections about 12 inches square. In one section apply two thin coats of the #16 Professional Paste Wax removing each thin coat after the wax has dried. Do the same with the P21S, let it dry and then remove it. Then inspect in different light settings, (outdoor sunlight is the best), and from different angles. (Make sure the #16 coats are vey thin).

Here's another combo, test the Pinnacle against Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax just like above, mark out two sections, apply two thin coats of each removing each coat after the wax has had a chance to dry for 10 to 15 minutes and inspect as above.

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is it a good idea to put Gold Class wax over the top of NXT??

Or put DC3 over the top of NXT??

Dave
                        Focus ST170
                        Imperial Blue
                        Xenons and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Here's another combo, test the Pinnacle against Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax just like above, mark out two sections, apply two thin coats of each removing each coat after the wax has had a chance to dry for 10 to 15 minutes and inspect as above.

Mike
                          Wow, you want to put #26 up against Souveran? That should be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia
                            Wow, you want to put #26 up against Souveran? That should be interesting...
                            On black paint no less...

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax really adds a lot of richness to paint, creating deep, dark reflections with excellent gloss. Souveran does this too but look at the price difference.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              On black paint no less...

#26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax really adds a lot of richness to paint, creating deep, dark reflections with excellent gloss. Souveran does this too but look at the price difference.

Mike
                              I think it's not always easy to tell on small sections the subtle differences in products. Even on the whole car the differences are minor, on one flat area it's even more so.

#26 is a nice wax for sure, but I don't think it has the same look that Souveran does. A similar look definitely.
                              1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                              2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                              1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');