• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bird sure likes my NXT waxing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bird sure likes my NXT waxing.

Though I've been checking this site out for ages as a guest, I had to register to make this post as I haven't seen this discussed before. I waxed my black '99 Lightning on monday. Evidently a bird in the lot at work has discovered that he can see himself very well in my paint and pecked the **** out of the recess in the step well on the side of the bed. Guess that adds another whole new slant on the depth and gloss of NXT. I love the stuff but now I'm going to have to break out the ScratchX and fix his handywork! I think I'll park in a different spot tomorrow.
    Black......the ONLY color!

HI SVT Lightning,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Milwaukie Oregon you say? How's the weather up there?

I lived most of my life in the Willamette Valley, (Albany, OR), so I well understand the amount of rain you experience every year.

Sorry to hear about your bird problem, if only we could create an wax that repels bird droppings, like an invisible force field or something like that...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the "Welcome" Mike. The weather has been sunny, cold, windy and dry. Thats why I decided to get in a mid-winter wax job. It was 35-40 with winds at 20-25mph. But since I wax by hand, I was warm enough. Washing was a bit nippy though! The NXT went on and came off just as easy as a summertime application.

Comment

Hey SVT Lightning and Welcome to MOL!

The bird pecked his reflection???? Now that is a first!!!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

svt!

Gotta love the NXT!

P.S. Can you post any photos of your L? As a fellow Lightning owner I like to see photos of them! I never get to see any here in Iowa, just photos or on the dealers lot.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

My wife has the digital this weekend. I don't have any on the hard drive plus I'll have to read up on how to post them. I'll try to next week when she gets back.

Comment

Check out the results NXT Tech Wax created on this Ford Lightning Truck posted by one of our members this last summer!

Click here to see more pictures of this truck and to read what people are saying!

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

BTW, the NXT Tech Wax does a good job protecting against bird dropping damage. A bird took a dump on my roof and it sat there for two days. I forgot to remove it the first day. I sprayed some #34 Final Inspection on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. It then slid right off when wiped with an Ultimate Wipe. No etch marks or scratches.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

*lets out a whistle* I want that L! Who polished that?
                  FL

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Sorry to hear about your bird problem, if only we could create an wax that repels bird droppings, like an invisible force field or something like that...
                    So when will this be available from Meguair's?

Comment

This discussion reminds of that pic where the duck was admiring himself using the reflection off a Crovette and how he urinated [edited for language by 2hotford] onto the ground.

So Zaino had his own story but so does Meguiars.

Now make sure to get the marks out.
                      1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
                      2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                        ...The bird pecked his reflection???? Now that is a first!!!!...
                        No it isn't! In a while back someone posted pics on one of the sites I frequent showing a goose attacking his freshly polished Corvette, it was hysterical! Check it out http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showt...9&page=1&pp=15

I have a crack in a bay window where a goose pecked at his reflection when he came up on our patio.
                        Last edited by DFTowel; Jan 11, 2005, 11:26 AM.
                        Leo

Comment

I hope this isn't taking this off topic, but last year I had a robin that would land in a bush outside one of my windows. Then he would repeatedly fly against the window. I thought he couldn't see the window and was trying to fly into the room, or he was seeing a reflection of the sky, so I put a masking tape X on the window. That didn't help. I put a "scarecrow", an old wicker doll about 2' tall, inside the window. That didn't help. One of those plastic owls, that's supposed to frighten birds? Nothing. I tied a balloon to the bush, as well as some ribbons. That got him to stop...at that window; he just moved around to the other side of the house. Mind you that he was leaving marks on the window from the repeated banging and flapping. Eventually, he went away, or bludgeoned himself to death, I don't know which.

Comment

I have some of those owls that are hologram colored. They are very reflective and the color changes as you view them from different angles. When I park my car at work I put one on the dash. I used it all summer and am still using it. It has cut way down on those bombings! They cost about $5 each. They curl up from the heat so I replace them when that happens. That is not an issue this time of year though.

RamAirV1
                            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');