• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does NXT 2.0 last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does NXT 2.0 last?

About 3 weeks ago I applied NXT tech wax 2.0 to my black car. After that I found out about #7 and want to try it. Since I applied it the car has been washed 5-7 times and I have applied UQW once. When would I be able to apply #7 and then NXT 2.0 again?

Re: How long does NXT 2.0 last?

Well, you could apply it whenever...

Best would be to just apply some SwirlX or other mild cleaner, then #7, then wax again.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

you should clean the paint to start the process again. Then you will see the benefits of #7.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Start with a new base, like said.

Comment

Is there anything else thats easier than swirlX to use to clean the paint first?

Comment

To remove old wax by hand the best you can do is dawn dish liquid to help strip wax and a clay bar. I dare not try swirl x by hand for fear of introducing new scratches.

Comment

Dawn dries out your vinyl and I am pretty sure SwirlX does not introduce swirls

Comment

ckylesworld- If you want to be certain that there is no wax or any other substance (includes contaminants) on your paint and you want to literally start from scratch, the best thing to do is clay the whole car. HERE is a short, simple tutorial on how to clay, just in case you're unsure. NOTE: For a lubricant, the BEST thing to use is Quick Detailer or Ultimate Quick Detailer. NOT DISH WASHING LIQUID!

BlackScreaminMachine- A simple rule of thumb is to ALWAYS use an automotive product on a car, nothing else. Dish washing liquid is extremely abrasive (so it was cut through grease and clean) and is one of the last products you would want to use on your cars paint. Also, there is no possible way that SwirlX is going to create new scratches unless your using the wrong application method (which is either a buffer or application pad, either one it's virtually impossible to create scratches).

Comment

ckylesworld- Another quick note: If you clayed your car then applied NXT 2.0 the correct way and then maintained it and kept the surface clean, NXT 2.0 should provide you with excellent shine and protection for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by MSorrell7 View Post
                    ckylesworld- If you want to be certain that there is no wax or any other substance (includes contaminants) on your paint and you want to literally start from scratch, the best thing to do is clay the whole car. HERE is a short, simple tutorial on how to clay, just in case you're unsure. NOTE: For a lubricant, the BEST thing to use is Quick Detailer or Ultimate Quick Detailer. NOT DISH WASHING LIQUID!

BlackScreaminMachine- A simple rule of thumb is to ALWAYS use an automotive product on a car, nothing else. Dish washing liquid is extremely abrasive (so it was cut through grease and clean) and is one of the last products you would want to use on your cars paint. Also, there is no possible way that SwirlX is going to create new scratches unless your using the wrong application method (which is either a buffer or application pad, either one it's virtually impossible to create scratches).
                    UQD should not be used for claying. Last Touch at 1:1, Final Inspection, or QD are fine though.
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');