• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTC Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTC Shine

I haunt a number of car detailing and vehicle specific web sites. There are quite a number of people that believe you can not get a great shine with over the counter products. Friday night after work I decided to give my baby some late winter/early spring loving and prove them wrong. I believe I succeeded. Once again Meguiar's, a to your mad scientists, they do great work!

Washed with NXT using two bucket method w/Grit Gards. I also put NXT wash in my foam gun; worked great. Wheels cleaned with wash water after car was cleaned. Also cleaned tires with a brush and remaining wash water. Tires coated with Hot Wheels tire shine, 1 pass with foam applicator. Paint passed the sandwich baggie and bare fingers tests so I applied NXT 2.0 by hand. I also applied NXT 2.0 to wheels. Interior was done with Quik Interior Detailer and glass with Quik Glass Cleaner (inside Show Car Shine Kit). Saturday AM after wife and twins went to Grandma's I applied Gold Class paste wax by machine. GC over NXT 2.0 BAM!! All wax removed with Meguiar's Supreme Shine MF towels. Here are some pics from the office parking lot on Saturday around noon.

BTW: I do this as a hobby, I am not a professional.

2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Re: OTC Shine

Shame on the other forums you haunt. Nobody around hear ever said that.

Your car looks fantastic. Great work. Way to go.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very nice work Paul. Your car looks stunning!
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nice looking car!
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Shame on the other forums you haunt. Nobody around hear ever said that.

Your car looks fantastic. Great work. Way to go.
          Never have heard that here, that's why I keep coming back, and thank you.

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          Very nice work Paul. Your car looks stunning!
          Thank you Tuck. I'll bet your weekend was much busier than mine! Finish the yacht yet?

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
          Nice looking car!
          Thank you.
          2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Did you use the old version or the new version Gold Class?
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Old version. I've used it 4 times, but looking in the tin you'd think it was brand new.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');