• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to use Deep Crystal Polish and Wax frequently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to use Deep Crystal Polish and Wax frequently?

Is it safe to use the Deep Crystal Polish and Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax every 2 weeks (always after washing with NXT Generation wash)?

My car is a dark silver Honda Civic 2006 model and it doesn't have garage parking, so it's parked outside 24/7. My car has dust spots on it and it builds up everyday and becomes quite apparent after 2 weeks. I miss the slick polished look, and I love my car, so I want to always keep its appearance at its best.

Also, what's a good way to increase protection against UV and environmental affects on the car's paint? Will layering with 2 layers of Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax be sufficient?

It's my first time using Meguiars and the products are really awesome.

Thanks.

Re: Safe to use Deep Crystal Polish and Wax frequently?

Yes, it's safe.

Do remember that you do not always have to precede the wax with the Deep Crystal Polish. If you intend to wax frequently, you may want to use the polish less frequently.

Meguiar's recommends two coats of wax for uniform coverage. However, if you're going to be waxing twice a month, I would think that after the initial two coats one coat will provide you more than sufficient coverage.

Also check out this article: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen.

Have fun!
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Also, does Deep Crystal polish contain any amount of abrasives? I'm just a bit concerned about my clear coat, as I don't want to rub it off.

Thanks.

Comment

Deep Crystal Polish is a non-abrasive polish. In Meguiar's terminology, it is a "pure polish"; other folks would call it a "glaze." Read through this article: Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Another thing, does anyone know how long the Deep Crystal Wax (with 2 layers) last? I keep my car outside 24/7 under the sun and stars.

Thanks.

Comment

2 coats of it should last you a good while..i'd say in general terms, given all things are equal such as rain, storms, snow, etc..about 3 months..of course you can always check for the presence of wax with the squeak test and if UQD is hard to wipe off
            Addicted

Comment

Glaze is always optional, but I like it. However, it is normally applied to a nice clean paint finish (after claying and/or paint cleaner). If you have an existing coat of wax, and then just apply more glaze and wax, the glaze may not penetrate the current wax and mostly end up just being wiped off. Wont hurt, just may not help.

A good Carnuba (or Synthetic Sealant) should last 6-8 weeks, especially if weekly washes include a UQD or UQW top-up.
              Wont hurt to rewax more often, but may not be necessary and may mostly just swap existing wax for newer wax.
              2010 XRS

Comment

I used the step one and two products with carnuba wax on top of my 09 Fusion in mid october just before the weather turned bad here in michigan. The water still beads very well and when I run it through the car wash I get a very deep reflection in the paint. The megs waxes seem to hold up very good in bad weather, and my Fusion sits outside like your daily driver. The wifes Sorento cleans up real good too, but that one got a little more attention when I waxed it.
                When I wash the cars in summer time I wont always use the step one cleaner. After a good washing I will go to the polish and then wax. I reapply once a month and use quick detailer inbetween. But the first wash of spring will be followed by a good cleaner wax on both cars after I clay out the reminants of the winter salt

Comment

Originally posted by speed3blackmica View Post
                  2 coats of it should last you a good while..i'd say in general terms, given all things are equal such as rain, storms, snow, etc..about 3 months..of course you can always check for the presence of wax with the squeak test and if UQD is hard to wipe off

More info please!
                  2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                  Black Obsidian

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');