• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechWax 2.0 on swirl marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechWax 2.0 on swirl marks

Does TechWax 2.0 do a good job of covering up swirl marks, that paint cleaner (SwirlX), cannot remove? Thanks!

Re: TechWax 2.0 on swirl marks

Well, its about the best you'll do. Not sure if that counts as good or not.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ultimate Quik Wax is your best friend for hiding imperfections. I've hidden severe rotary holograms on black paint with nothing but two quick coats of UQW (proof in video, too).

Comment

Either way remember it is a temporary fix.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I tend to lean towards more oily products, like a glaze. I'm sure especially oily waxes, like Gold Class, also hides imperfections well. IME, the best swirl hiding wax is Pinnacle Souveran, but that is a non-Meguiar's product so...
          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
          Calais Auto Detailing
          CalaisDetails@aim.com
          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Maybe a couple of applications of SwirlX is needed? And, everyone seems to agree that a DA does a better job than hand swirl removal. If that does not work, you may need to step up to ScratchX-2.0 (must be 2.0, since the older ScratchX is milder than SwirlX).

If you dont have time to get rid of the swirls, than an application of glaze (DC2 or M07) will greatly (but temporarily) hid the swirls prior to the final NXT2.0 protection.
            2010 XRS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');