• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of cleaner wax questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of cleaner wax questions

Good morning, everyone. I have some cleaner wax that I want to use with my Flex but am unsure as to which pad and speed to apply it with? After applying via Flex, do I have to wipe it off with a mf towel? Thanks for your help.

Re: Couple of cleaner wax questions

Assuming you want to avail yourself of Cleaner Wax's cleaning action, apply it with a polishing pad at speed 3 or 4. Allow it to haze and then wipe off with a good quality microfiber towel. If you simply want to apply a coat of wax, then apply with a finishing pad at speed 3, allow to haze, and then wipe off.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Are you referring to the consumer line A12 Cleaner Wax in the maroon bottle?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        Are you referring to the consumer line A12 Cleaner Wax in the maroon bottle?
        Yes, the one that is readily available at local stores. I have a couple of bottles that I almost forgot about.

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        Assuming you want to avail yourself of Cleaner Wax's cleaning action, apply it with a polishing pad at speed 3 or 4. Allow it to haze and then wipe off with a good quality microfiber towel. If you simply want to apply a coat of wax, then apply with a finishing pad at speed 3, allow to haze, and then wipe off.
        Thanks for the tips, Akimel. I'll give it a shot with a white LC flat pad.

Comment

I did not know you can use Meg's Cleaner Wax with a machine. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
            I did not know you can use Meg's Cleaner Wax with a machine. Thanks for the info.
            Yep, you can. I fianally got a chance to use it yesterday on my DD and I was amazed at how dirty my white pad got. Pretty impressive!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');