• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Microfiber Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Microfiber Towels

Did anyone noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of the Yellow Microfiber Supreme Shine towels when they moved from the rolled version to the hang up version ?

In August I got an order with rolled ones, and today an order with the hanging ones, and they are *sooo* much thinner. It's really sad as the old ones were amazing.

Customer service is looking into it to see if Amazon just messed these up or something, but I wanted to hear if you guys noticed a change.

Re: Yellow Microfiber Towels

I have the hanging style packaging ones and they are great. If you aren't pleased with them, I would try Griot's Garage Microfiber Towels, or Cobra's. Both are about the best out their, but are very pricey.
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
      Did anyone noticed a dramatic decrease in the quality of the Yellow Microfiber Supreme Shine towels when they moved from the rolled version to the hang up version ?

In August I got an order with rolled ones, and today an order with the hanging ones, and they are *sooo* much thinner. It's really sad as the old ones were amazing.

Customer service is looking into it to see if Amazon just messed these up or something, but I wanted to hear if you guys noticed a change.
      I am glad CS is checking into it, but are referring to the "rolled" 3 pack (X2020) versus the "hanging" 1 pack (X2010), they are the same towel, just packaged differently...

Have you checked them after washing / drying ?
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
        I am glad CS is checking into it, but are referring to the "rolled" 3 pack (X2020) versus the "hanging" 1 pack (X2010), they are the same towel, just packaged differently...

Have you checked them after washing / drying ?
        Hi

I'm referring to rolled 3 pack versus hanging 3 pack. I understand they have changed the 3 pack to hanging too.

Well I tried to compare an unwashed rolled one to the unwashed hanging one as I noticed it immediately before I even compared. Perhaps I can try a comparison after washing though. Thanks!

Comment

I just got in 2 cases(72) of the new packaged SS towels and I found them to be the same.
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
            I just got in 2 cases(72) of the new packaged SS towels and I found them to be the same.
            Well thats good in that maybe I just got some bad ones.

Comment

I've never noticed anything either.

Sounds like a bad batch or mix up somehow?

Comment

Hi

I'm referring to rolled 3 pack versus hanging 3 pack. I understand they have changed the 3 pack to hanging too.

Well I tried to compare an unwashed rolled one to the unwashed hanging one as I noticed it immediately before I even compared. Perhaps I can try a comparison after washing though. Thanks!
                I ordered a 3 pack from Meguiars direct for their labor day sale. It was also the hanging pack. I have not used them yet they are still attached to the packaging. The only supreme shine I have used is the one that comes in the smooth surface clay kit. (which is nice)

Maybe tomorrow I can compare to see if the smooth clay kit towel is different.

Comment

FWIW, I've found the Gold Class Microfibers (with satin edges) to be far more plush than the Supreme Shines.

EDIT: Post #900!!
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

The Meguiars Supreme Shine towels are good enough, but I tried out the Cobra deluxe jr 600 and IMHO they are better for use when buffing.

Comment

So I'm not crazy...

I orderd same MF towels pack (hanging one) from Amazon as well, they sold it through an intermediate retailer: Sparkle Auto, LLC
                      This is the exact description:
                      1 of: Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3 [Automotive]

And YES, I noticed they were thinner (not dramatically thinner but still, you can tell) than a previous supreme shine MF towel that I got from the smooth surface clay kit (yes, I don't have too many Meg's MF towels yet)
                      After washing one of them, the difference was reduced, but still you can feel it thinner and less soft.

This was like a month ago...

Comment

Originally posted by JLMex View Post
                        So I'm not crazy...

I orderd same MF towels pack (hanging one) from Amazon as well, they sold it through an intermediate retailer: Sparkle Auto, LLC
                        This is the exact description:
                        1 of: Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3 [Automotive]

And YES, I noticed they were thinner (not dramatically thinner but still, you can tell) than a previous supreme shine MF towel that I got from the smooth surface clay kit (yes, I don't have too many Meg's MF towels yet)
                        After washing one of them, the difference was reduced, but still you can feel it thinner and less soft.

This was like a month ago...

Microfiber towels are not always going to be consistent (from any supplier for that matter). Sometimes there are different batches that aren't always the same as the previous ones made, etc,. I have many different towels and sometimes you can look and feel the same two towels side by side, and one may be lighter in color, not as soft, or as plush, etc,. We all like to have a perfect microfiber towel (or anything else), but in the real world it's not always going to happen. If you can help it, try and feel some before you buy them and see if they are up to your expectations...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');