• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Interior Detailer -- Enough UV Protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Interior Detailer -- Enough UV Protection?

Do you think regular use of Quik Interior Detailer Wipes would be enough to keep interior plastics from gradually fading from the sun? Or should I also occasionally using something more specific for that purpose?

I like the way the QID looks much better than 303 Aerospace which is bit too shiny. The QID now says it has added UV protection on the container.

Re: Quick Interior Detailer -- Enough UV Protection?

Well, I would at least use the spray, so you can lay down more product.

If you like dull, try the new Natural Shine protectant.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Question: Does modern vinyl need extra UV protection?

I really like QID.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

I would use a protectant such as Natural Shine or M40, lower gloss look, and you could wipe off excess with a microfiber to reduce the gloss.

I dont think the QID leaves enough of a protective coating to gurantee there wont be any damage/cracking from the sun.

But I use QID to maintain in bewtween applying interior protectants all the time.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post

I really like QID.
          There are many factors that affect vinyl longevity but I really think it starts with the base material used by the car maker. Then you have to factor in UV and heat.

If your vehicle is parked outdoors, I think a car shade is the single best protection for plastic dashes rather than relying solely on protectants. The good news is interior car plastics are much better these days.
          Al
          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
            In theory, modern paints arent supposed to need the same care, and waxing as the old paints either.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');