• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I bought some NXT tonite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I bought some NXT tonite...

If it warms up enough this weekend (temps are still hovering around freezing) I'll do a side by side on my hood of NXT & 26 to see which looks better and lasts longer.

Brian

you won't be disapointed with the NXT! Can you post photos of the side by side? I have both NXT and #26 and like both but never really placed them side by side.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I will try, so far the forecast is for temps only in the 40s, just a bit too cold to put on some wax

Brian

Comment

I've done some direct comparisons of NXT with #26 and here is my impression:

NXT had a bit more depth, it allowed my metallics to show through better and the finish was slicker. Good stuff.

Funny thing was that Gold Class was actually a little darker than NXT but the finish isn't quite as glossy.
        Afshin

2004 Pilot - Wifes Car
        2002 CRV - Daily Driver
        1990 Porsche 928 GT - Garage Queen

Comment

Which leaves a smoother finish: Gold Class or NXT? Which lasts longer? Which is better for dark colors? Which gives sharper reflections??

Slats
          -------------
          John 17:3
          -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Slats
            Which leaves a smoother finish: Gold Class or NXT? Which lasts longer? Which is better for dark colors? Which gives sharper reflections??

Slats
            NXT definitely has a smoother finish vs Gold Class, at least on my car. It is especially noticeable after 24 hours when NXT has fully cured.

I can't honestly comment on durability of either waxes since they get applied to my garage queen.

As far as reflections the results are very interesting. Gold Class has a very sharp reflections, they are very crisp like a mirror. NXT does not have quite the same level of crisp reflection IMO, but NXT has superior light reflective qualities and better gloss. When looking directly at NXT you can see the paints metallics coming through, but at sharper angles you get the nice reflections. Best way to describe it is the paint looks brighter with NXT and a bit darker with Gold Class.
            Afshin

2004 Pilot - Wifes Car
            2002 CRV - Daily Driver

Comment

Thanks MBX. So what color is your car? Also, does the water bead or sheet ? Gold Class supposedly sheets but NXT says on the box that the water beads.

Slats
              -------------
              John 17:3
              -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Slats
                Thanks MBX. So what color is your car? Also, does the water bead or sheet ? Gold Class supposedly sheets but NXT says on the box that the water beads.

Slats
                The water does bead but to be honest I don't know for how long. The car I use the NXT on is relegated to weekend/showcar duty and it's seen rain once in the two years I've owned it. I've only washed it with water maybe 10 times in the last two years.

The color is Black Pearl, here's what it looks like after buffiing it with Dual Action Cleaner Polish, 1Z Paint Polish and NXT Tech Wax.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MBZ 500E; Mar 10, 2004, 07:00 PM.
                Afshin

2004 Pilot - Wifes Car
                2002 CRV - Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');