• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT by Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT by Machine

I can understand now why Mike Phillips applies and removes NXT by machine - PC.

I redid the hood and the convex surfaces of my black Santa Fe with #09, #81 and NXT with a PC. There IS a difference - subtle perhaps, but a visible increase in the shine and depth of the surface.

The exercise has made me more of a believer than before.

Re: NXT by Machine

Originally posted by Gadfly
    I can understand now why Mike Phillips applies and removes NXT by machine - PC.

I redid the hood and the convex surfaces of my black Santa Fe with #09, #81 and NXT with a PC. There IS a difference - subtle perhaps, but a visible increase in the shine and depth of the surface.

The exercise has made me more of a believer than before.
    Gadfly.... You are using the exact combo I am going to try on my truck in the next few weeks. How was the #81 to apply and remove? Did you use a PC for the #81?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Even on finishes in excellent condition, the oscillating action of the Porter Cable dual action polisher and it's effectiveness at applying a thin, uniform coat of wax, not to mention it's ability to thoroughly push more wax into microscopic pores and surface imperfections can not be duplicated by hand.

Thanks for posting your observations Gadfly,

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

#09, #81 and NXT with a polishing pad on the PC. Removal of the #09 and #81 by hand with MF. NXT with a dry pad holding down a fresh MF at about 3 on the dial.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');