• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Scratch X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Scratch X

I just bought some Scratch X and applied it to a couple small areas with some fine scratches. It didn't appear to make a difference at all, I applied it with a foam applicator pad, let dry then wiped with a microfiber. Would I get better results with my PC or should I not use it with a PC? If I did apply it with my PC should it replace my cleaner or where would it be in the Cleaner/Polish/Wax?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Can't remember the thread, but Mike Phillips said that Scratch-X was not formulated for use by a PC...He used it one time with a PC, but I think he turned the speed down quite a bit.

Maybe you could try X with a terry pad, I'm sure it would give it more bite.
    r. b.

Comment

Hi gb387,

If ScratchX isn't removing your scratches by hand, then this is probably an indicator that you will have to use a machine to remove them.

ScratchX works good in most cases, but certainly doesn't work 100% of the time for all applications.

ScratchX is not formulated to be used by machine. As normal course of bubba-proofing products and out of natural curiosity, I have tried it by machine and have had some success with it.

That said, I found that when it gets hot, it gets sticky and becomes difficult to remove. I checked with one of the chemists on this and he told me that the ScratchX formula is designed to be used by hand and not machine for the exact reason I experienced.

ScratchX is a paint cleaner and a polish in an easy to use rich cream formula. If ScratchX isn't removing the defects for you, your next option would be to use either the porter cable dual action polisher, or the rotary buffer.

If you opt for the PC, then you can try any of these with Meguiar's W-8006 foam polishing pad.

* Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
      * Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner
      * Meguiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub
      * ColorX (This is not a dedicated paint cleaner but an aggressive cleaner/wax with awesome paint cleaning ability)

If you have any of the Professional Line products, you could try these with the W-8006 foam polishing pad,

* #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
      * #80 Speed Glaze
      * #82 Swirl Free Polish
      * #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

Let me know which way you decide to go and/or if you want me to post how to remove the scratches using the rotary buffer.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the help mike... I think i am going to go for the #9 2.0 and my PC. I am not brave enough to try a rotary on my tuck, I have used one many times but only on our shop trucks at work.

Mike... Would the hand polish be a good thing to use after #9 then on to the NXT?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi gb387,

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0 is very rich in polishing oils. There is no reason to hand apply #81 Hand Polish before applying NXT Tech Wax. I would be more inclinded to spend my time applying two thin coats of the NXT Tech wax.

Hope this helps...

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');