• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT on top of Carnauba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT on top of Carnauba

I bought a new silver car in June. Before the winter roled around I did the three step process a few days ago. I used your dual action polisher and got great results. I finished with a PURE CARNAUBA WAX. I've been doing some reading and realize that maybe I should use a synthetic polymer such as the NXT Tech Wax because it will last longer. I've also read that you can put Carnauba on top of a Polymer but you can't put a Polymer on top of a Carnauba. My question is what should I do? Can I put the NXT over my last layer of Carnauba? Or should I clean my paint again? Thanks.

Re: NXT on top of Carnauba

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Most people apply their synthetic wax first and then apply their Carnauba wax over the top of it.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I understand that most people apply their synthetic wax first and then apply their Carnauba wax over the top of it, but my issue is that I already applyed the Carnauba Wax and I want to put on the NXT Tech Wax now.

My question is, is it true you can't put a Polymer on top of a Carnauba Wax? And, can I put the NXT Tech Wax over my last layer of Carnauba Wax, or should I clean my paint first?

Thanks Again

Comment

Oh you know, most people make a bigger deal out of this than they need to, the important thing is to apply two thin coats, allow each coat to completely dry and then wipe off the excess.

The other point is that anytime you take a liquid creamy chemical and rub over the paint with it, whether the chemical, let's say a wax in this case, has a cleaner or no cleaner at all, just the act of rubbing a smooth creamy substance over the surface has a cleaning effect if for no other reason because your applicator material will act as the cleaner by agitating what is ever on the surface to start with.

If you like, and you want to do everything just perfect, then apply a paint cleaner to your car's paint to remove whatever wax is already there. You don't need to wash with Dawn, and you don't need to strip with some harsh chemical like Prep-Sol, instead, a paint cleaner like Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or ScratchX will effectively remove most/all of the wax on the paint. After that apply the NXT Tech Wax and than after that apply your choice of Carnauba wax.

Done.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hello,

I whas reading this item and saw this about applying 2 thin coats of wax, my question is how long must I wait until apply the second coat of wax? I just both the NXT Gen. Car Wash and NXT Gen. Tech Wax.

Comment

Try and wait 20 minutes.. 12 hours for absolute best looks.

Did you purchase any product to prep the paint, like clay, cleaner, polish? Or even a cleaner/wax? Nxt has some mild cleaning properties, but only very mild. It really works best if you prep the paint first.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Tanks for quick answear Murr1525,

Well what I´ve got is the Quick Clay Detailing System, Gold Class Car Wash, NXT Gen. Car Wash, NXT Gen. Tech Wax, NXT Gen. Spray Wax, Scratch X and some other products for tires and windows.

Comment

When you say two coats is it: wax twice then remove or is it, wax and remove-wax and remove?

Comment

Wax, let haze, remove... wait 20 minutes or more, wax, haze, remove.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

what would happen if you didnt do anything and just applied the NXT over the wax?
                    Darren F

Comment

Originally posted by suprimeau View Post
                      Can I put the NXT over my last layer of Carnauba? Or should I clean my paint again?
                      At this point, you may want to consider just adding another coat of carnauba and leave it at that for now. Then, the next time you go through the entire process you can clean the paint, apply the NXT and top it off with carnauba.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
                      FRANK CANNA
                      Mirror Finish Detailing
                      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Darren F View Post
                        what would happen if you didn't do anything and just applied the NXT over the wax?

The act of rubbing a wax or any other liquid type chemical over a coating of waxy with some type of material with some pressure, light or whatever, will tend to loosen and remove some measure of what's already been applied.

Nothing bad will happen, and in most cases, the more you rub car care products over paint, assuming you're doing a good job, being careful etc., the paint will tend to become smoother and glossier until you reach a plateau.

Go for it!
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I don't know but I've been waxing my car every sunday with whatever wax I feel like using. Sometimes I apply Nxt then top up wt carnauba and it seems to last longer than Nxt alone. So I think it does work for most ppl out there and me too. Oh the shine also last longer too.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');