• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in #80 and #82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in #80 and #82

My dad has a 1999 black suburban, it used to be mine and other than the occasional Eagle One wax as you dry, the exterior was never really cared too much for. So I would like to make it look nice now that I'm gaining knowledge from the best in the business. Whats the primary difference in #80 and #82. It does have swirls and light scratches I'm not sure if #81 would be strong enough. I guess I could always try it first, since that what I will use on my silverado. For the suburban I'm not sure if I would polish it, maybe just apply some NXT after either #80 or #82, which do you guys recommend?

Adam

For starters, I would go with the following:
    NXT Wash
    Quik Clay
    2 coats of NXT (Preferably 12 hours apart)

You could use a hand polish (#81) if you want, but #80 is pretty rich in trade secret oils anyways. So if you choose to use #80, you'll probably be OK without polishing.
    Jason
    2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

That's what I was pretty much thinking since the description for #80 talks about cleans, polishes, and protects. Thanks

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by racer742
        That's what I was pretty much thinking since the description for #80 talks about cleans, polishes, and protects. Thanks

Adam
        If the #80 doesn't get the results you want, then try the #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

#83 worked wonders on my black car where #80 just didn't have the "horsepower" to get out the swirls.

I then followed up with #80 to get the shine just that much more "pure".

Mike's advice is always start with the less aggressive method then move up only if needed.

Maybe you can post some pics of the before and after?

Comment

Yea, I will post some pics as soon as I get the PC, cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by wblynch
            If the #80 doesn't get the results you want, then try the #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

#83 worked wonders on my black car where #80 just didn't have the "horsepower" to get out the swirls.

I then followed up with #80 to get the shine just that much more "pure".

Mike's advice is always start with the less aggressive method then move up only if needed.

Maybe you can post some pics of the before and after?
            Then there are those of us who "love" Mike but just say to heck with it and reach for the DACP.

On the other hand if you are careful with your washing techniques, you can get by with just reapplying NXT -- no swirls, no polish.

Tom

Comment

Re: Difference in #80 and #82

Originally posted by racer742
              It does have swirls and light scratches I'm not sure if #81 would be strong enough. I guess I could always try it first, since thats what I will use on my silverado.

For the suburban I'm not sure if I would polish it, maybe just apply some NXT after either #80 or #82, which do you guys recommend?

Adam
              I would suggest going with the number #80 Speed Glaze for a good cleaning and polishing in one-step followed by your choice of wax.

Another option would be to use Meguiar's ColorX . This is a very versatile product and an awesome one step for daily drivers with neglected finishes. The price to performance ratio cannot be beat.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');