• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Mike P Product/ Pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Mike P Product/ Pad?

On a white F150 i noticed you used dacp/polishing pad w/ a rotory and it didnt help the finish much. then youjumped up to 84 / MAROON for more bite. Well my ? is why dont you use the 83/red pad instead of going 84/red. Im still having problems w/ this 84/83/82 products not working. This weekend my brother will be here so i will mess w/ his black camaro and take pics so you can see what im talking about. Ive been back & forth on the argument of these products not working, but i have faith. Ive purchased a butload of megs products and they are not handling the cobwebs as good as i thought. I end up reaching for my Menzerna or my TOL chemical cleaners. Any way ill post pics and what im doing to get a better understanding that way all you guys and help me out. One thing i did do this morning was purchased was 80 and despite being skeptical due to my problems I LOVE IT.... The first thing i told my GF was
    "Honey" "IT works"

Re: Attn: Mike P Product/ Pad?

Originally posted by jays
    On a white F150 i noticed you used dacp/polishing pad w/ a rotary and it didn't help the finish much. then you jumped up to 84 / MAROON for more bite.
    When I do a "Test Spot" the results from the test spot are a very good indicator as to how hard the paint is and what it will take to affect it. After examining the results from the #83/W-8006/G-100 and knowing first hand the pressure, time and arm speed, I knew the paint was hard enough that it was going to require a rotary buffer and a cutting pad.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey jays,

Are you using a rotary buffer? The #84 Compound Power Cleaner and the W-7006 Cutting Pad are designed to be used with a rotary only. If you use the above #84 with a PC, it will not break down properly, possibly leaving you marring.

Keep us posted!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

no im using a rotory i dont use a pc

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

How long are you working the #84 before removal? Also, you should be using ~ 1750 RPM for speed.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');