• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#20 - ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #20 - ??

I have been using the #9 / #7 / #26 combo and would like give #20 a try and throw it into the mix.

Do I apply #20 and leave it on for a period of time?

Or

Do I apply #20, buff and leave it on for a period of time?

Then top it with #26. My truck is a True Blue SuperCrew.

Thanks

From what I've read on these boards, most people recommend letting the #20 cure for some time (12-24 hours) before topping it with anything. So, apply the #20, let dry (seems to dry pretty quickly) and then buff off. I usually apply to my entire car and then by the time I'm done, it's ready to be removed. Then, some hours later, apply #26. This is the combo I would like to use, but I never seem to get the time to apply the #26. I do use the NXT booster wax after every wash though, which gives a very nice shine
    1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Comment

12-24 hours is the maximum time frame.It depends on the tepmperature.I have used sealents and had them cure in 30 mins and then sometimes 2 hours.Topping a sealent with a carnuba is great.But do one section first to see if you can even see a defference before spending alot of time on the whole car.

Comment

Hey,

Meguiar's recommends waiting over night before topping the #20 Polymer Sealant. The product may look fine, but there is a lot happening at the molecular level. As such, it is best to wait the time.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Great,

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');