• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Begginer to Using a DA orbital buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Begginer to Using a DA orbital buffer

Hi in a few weeks i carry out my major clean of our 5 year old caravan ( RV) its front panel is GRP and is dull, i would say medium oxidation,lets the overall appearence down thinking of buying the mequires new DA orbital, what pads and compounds would you use to regain a great shine, what order and speeds, also the only big flat area on the front panel is the locker , do you think additionally the 4 " pads and backing plate would be best for the rounded areas, of course i would lightly polish and wax the full van with the 7 " pads.
    I am a complete novice if i follow all good advice will i do any serious and irrepairable damage, want to learn, big step but all you guys took it LOL, thanks any advice will be greatly welcomed.

Re: Begginer to Using a DA orbital buffer

I use the smaller 6" pads. they just work better.
    Mostly I use a yellow pad and 20 or RV Cleaner wax.
    Don't over think it. It's a big but simple job.
    Yellow pad. quarter amount of product, speed 5, move slow and let the paint tell you how to move and size to work. You'll be fine. Post some pics for some further advise.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');