• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best protection for Gel Coat Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best protection for Gel Coat Trailer

I have a Toy Hauler that is kept inside my garage and only sees the elements when being used. Also, it is washed after every use before it is stored away again. Because of this, it looks outstanding, however I've never put any wax protection on it. What would you recommend to keep it looking its best? Thanks.
    Brad Mower
    SLC, UT

Re: Best protection for Gel Coat Trailer

Meguiars makes a complete line of marine and RV products that work great on gel-coat.#49 Oxidation Remover,#45 High Gloss Polish, #56 Pure Wax are among a few of the ones I have tried and have been pleased with the results.

Paul S
    Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
    317-513-4678

Comment

Re: Best protection for Gel Coat Trailer

I have a 1996 motorhome that I have lived in for 13 years and it never sees the inside of a garage. Upper is NON clearcoated gelcoat and lower is single stage paint. Newer RVs are clearcoated over the gelcoat. My point is: this is the worst possible scenereo for having a shiny RV. I get the best results using Meguiar's #50 RV Cleaner/Wax on the upper and Cleaner/Wax (maroon bottle) on the lower painted part. I stepped up to using a G110 and a cutting pad (maroon one) on the upper gelcoat and got almost night and day better results. I have tried dozens of products over the years and this produces the best results.
      Barry

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');