• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine #57 vs. Mirror Glaze #40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some number #57 for the boat. I've never tried it, but will #57 remove wax residue from trim like #39 is said to achieve?

Comment

Hey,

From my experience, no. Meguiar's #39 or the Trim Detailer both work the best at removing wax residue. So while the #57 has some unique cleaners, the others would be a better choice for wax removal in my opinion.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Does Meguiar's #39 work better the Trim Detailer? I geuss I won't bother with #57, because I've used Trim Detailer before and it's all but worthless for wax residue.

Comment

Originally posted by 305Cummins
          Does Meguiar's #39 work better the Trim Detailer? I geuss I won't bother with #57, because I've used Trim Detailer before and it's all but worthless for wax residue.
          Really? That is very different from my experience with using it.

With Trim Detailer, you need to apply it fairly heavy, agitate with a toothbrush and leave it sit. After 5-10 minutes come back and remove with a MF towel. I have removed a lot of residue using this technique, and never a problem.

For #39, you basically do the same, but do not leave it as long. Plus after its removal, you need to follow with a vinyl dressing.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I think the toothbrush part is very critical, especially if you are working on a textured trim surface. For some reason, the wax is very tenacious on those surfaces.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');